Ride quality

MDMason

Which EUC provides the most stable and comfortable ride experience?

I went from a V10 to a S18 and the improvement was dramatic. Would the above sought after qualities be equally dramatic going from the S18 to the Sherman? The riding community that has experienced the Sherman would suggest it would. I would be interested in the feedback from those who have ridden both.

Unless you are after high speed I don't think anything will give you a more "comfortable" experience then the S18 except for the V11 in certain situations. The suspension on these wheels is unmatched right now.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

GoGeorgeGo thanks for your insight. Has anyone else rode both the Sherman and S18 that could provide insights into what I can expect if I fail in my resistance and get the Sherman. I don’t want to spend that much money and realize I prefer my S18.

I've ridden both. I still own and love my sherman, don't own a suspension wheel anymore tho. The sherman is a VERY comfortable wheel for eating miles on the street. Its weight isnt a bad thing once moving at speed. There's absolutely no comparison between the sherm build quality and the s18 imho. That, and with headroom to spare at reasonable speeds, I pick the sherman as the clear safer winner for those of us who like the OTHER side of 25mph. You really cant compare the two. The sherm has speed and range that the s18 cant even fathom. The s18 has suspension and more stuff to worry and maintain, than the sherm could fathom. Personally, I'd sell the s18 and grab the sherm. If you like the s18, then keep it and get the sherm. You really are comparing apples to oranges here.

TO be fair, you did clarify that your ride is only 20 miles and you arent a speed freak. For that kind of thing, I would suggest an s18 or v11. I can't imagine that a working suspension wheel on a lighter design, wouldnt be a better fit for YOUR criteria. Apologies, I tend to forget that riding above 25mph is NOT in everyones interests. For your criteria, i would actualy take my 18L over the sherm. If i had a working s18 I enjoyed, I'd just roll the hell out of that and save my money. Thanks for the support!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3