Do you prefer hoverboard over EUC? Explain why.

Viktiga

Hi.

As someone that haven't even tried a hoverboard I'm just wondering why people would choose it over an EUC? Is it just the steeper learning curve that are making people choose 2 wheels instead of one? .

Please, no argument a la apple vs android. I just want to know what people are using it for.:)

Since we had an argue about that in my company recently, i can tell some people opinions ;)

I have an EUC and i'm happy, in my opinion its harder in the first place since you have to hold the balance not to fall left or right. But "safer" later on. You have a bigger wheel to absorb holes / shocks. You can hold the EUC with your legs.
You can just stand on a hoverboard, but you cant hold it.

The most people think ... hmmm it has two wheels it has to be easier. But you are also way lower and if you loose balance for a second you'll fall backwards or forwards. Or you push one foot to hard and you spinn to faceplant :D

So i figured out people think 2 wheels will be easier and they are scared about 1 wheel only. Specially if they haven't tried either. That might be the reason ;)

As a toy, a hoverboard is easier and fun. And one likes to use toys in social settings - such as indoors.

All these EUCers here seem to be trying to make practical use out of their toy! Outdoors... commuting and stuff

It's like apples and oranges to me...

4 minutes ago, glorat said:

As a toy, a hoverboard is easier and fun. And one likes to use toys in social settings - such as indoors.

All these EUCers here seem to be trying to make practical use out of their toy! Outdoors... commuting and stuff

It's like apples and oranges to me...

Yeah those damn EUC'ers:D;). Thanks for you input. And you have a good point, a vehicle can just be fun without any practical use:D

Hoverboards are great fun. As long as the terrain is flat and smooth. :D I saw EUCs a long time ago but somehow never really thought about grabbing one for myself. But I thought a hoverboard would be cool to have some casual fun on and chase after my son who scooters (manual). We mostly do so in parks or in our huge apartment basement (tens of thousands sqf) which is 75% closed off to cars. A side benefit is how great fun it is to be pushing a stroller on this thing. It feels so relaxing!

The great thing about "hovers" is they look fun to most people.. it really grabs the attention. Most normal people don't look at EUCs the same way they look at hovers. They are really comfy to stand on and you can just stand there and not move unlike EUCs. They are also great in tight areas. (can rotate  360deg in one spot)

The downside is they perform poorly outside smooth terrain... and have huge issues going over humps etc. They are also much harder to master than they appear. I honestly think they are harder to master well than say EUCs at similar speeds. Many people are shocked by how easy it is to tip over and fall on their faces or backs. You can't even actually grip your hoverboard and are basically balancing on it. And each footrest can have a mind of its own! (Ninebot Mini solves this by being a mini Segway with fixed footrests) You can fall just by having one wheel go over a raised feature out of sync with the other. Mine has the 10 inch wheels and copes better with bumpy terrain but also has a higher center of gravity ie. harder to control.

All said and done, I think both have their own strengths. I have outgrown the hover though.. it's just too slow for me now and I'm always hitting the limit. It goes beep beep beep way too much and I need more speed... I thank my stars I have rarely fallen though.. maybe 6-7 times total and nothing serious but I have jumped off 5-6 times too.

Archived