Harbor Freight Pedal Mod

Pev junkie

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, Heinzmoleman said:

Is the bottom of these mats sticky? Or did you use glue?

It had a sticky back already on it. Since I posted this, one side was not sticking good. I removed it and removed the sticky backing. I then used contact cement to reinstall it. It has been fine since. 

On 12/30/2020 at 7:00 PM, Pev junkie said:

20201214-152521.jpg

20201214-152526.jpg

20201214-160404.jpg

20201214-160414.jpg

So I did a pedal grip mod that has been working out great so far. Started out with this anti slip mat from Harbor Freight. Cut rough size out and applied to pedals, then cut around pedals. Best part is only about $4 with coupon.  I have not tested out how well they work when wet too much. I did spill a little water on them but it beads off pretty quick. It feels really good when standing on it. Let me know if you have any questions or try it out! 🤙

Maybe you want to try mud if it works? if not, wondering if you can add some hex screw as spikes.

Edited by newbie101

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, newbie101 said:

Unfortunately, not yet.. it's been raining so far. But I will update and post it here.

Cool, looking forward to how it works out. If you have trouble with them sticking you can remove the sticky back that came on the mat and replace it with contact cement. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

Cool, looking forward to how it works out. If you have trouble with them sticking you can remove the sticky back that came on the mat and replace it with contact cement. 👍

I actually use a double sided woodworking tape, pretty sticky. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1BJN6D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 6:33 PM, Pev junkie said:

Wow, took it to next level! Have you tried it out yet?

Just want to update you, today I tried it for the first time at the park on grass where it is bumpy, I can feel my feet are more planted with the spikes, usually when I hit a bump, my feet would shift, not this time. Now I understand why so many people recommend getting a spiked pedal or insert. Hope you try it too and give us your opinion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, newbie101 said:

Just want to update you, today I tried it for the first time at the park on grass where it is bumpy, I can feel my feet are more planted with the spikes, usually when I hit a bump, my feet would shift, not this time. Now I understand why so many people recommend getting a spiked pedal or insert. Hope you try it too and give us your opinion.

Very cool. I don't know if I want to pull mine off and do the spikes right now as it has been working good without them. However I like what you did and it's something I'll keep in mind if I decide otherwise. I've only had one time going about 20 MPH down a dirt road and hit a mini pothole and caught some air that they might have helped. But jump pads and the spikes would probably be even better. I think even with the spikes if you get tossed up in the air you might not land back on the pedals spikes or no spikes!:blink1: It was one of those oh $h%t moments when it happed to me!:dribble: Let me know how it goes after you put a few miles on them.:cheers:

• Like 1