BEGODE RS 19 HT fan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Simply_Striking said:

I wish there was a way to update the board rather than swapping it out honestly the only thing that bothers me about mine Is how loud the freaking fan is.

swap the fan with a noctua is cheaper ;) but if you have 1st batch you should consider upgrade the board to latest version, firmware is better

On 1/9/2021 at 4:07 AM, EMA said:

swap the fan with a noctua is cheaper ;) but if you have 1st batch you should consider upgrade the board to latest version, firmware is better

Bad advice imo. Noctua is a ~5cfm fan vs. Stock fan being ~20cfm. I put a Noctua in my RS and it's temperature was running way hot and kept rising. 130+f. The stock fan keeps it at 103f or below. Ofcourse you could do some modifications and put 3 noctuas in your RS. I never hear the stock fan anyways because of wind noise.

13 hours ago, SorenStarr said:

Bad advice imo. Noctua is a ~5cfm fan vs. Stock fan being ~20cfm. I put a Noctua in my RS and it's temperature was running way hot and kept rising. 130+f. The stock fan keeps it at 103f or below. Ofcourse you could do some modifications and put 3 noctuas in your RS. I never hear the stock fan anyways because of wind noise.

It's not when I'm riding is the issue it is when I'm trollyin it.

Also the position of the fan doesn't make sense. If they had designed it the vent warm air out of the shell or cooler air in they would not have had to use a smaller sized fan. When standing still I have observed temps just keep going up.

13 hours ago, SorenStarr said:

weird, some friends of mine have done the swap and just notice 3-4°C of difference, not a big deal but i understand your point 

6 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

It's not when I'm riding is the issue it is when I'm trollyin it.

Also the position of the fan doesn't make sense. If they had designed it the vent warm air out of the shell or cooler air in they would not have had to use a smaller sized fan. When standing still I have observed temps just keep going up.

Yeah the position of the fan is not great but the reason it's there is to be as close to the mosfets as possible. They could have turned the whole pcb around 180 degrees and had the mosfets closer to the open space next to the pcb. Right now I have one stock fan mounted in that open space and the temps are fine until you start climbing hills. When summer time returns I will probably add a second stock fan to the wheel and will never worry about overheating. It'll also be even louder. Like a little blow dryer lol.

6 hours ago, EMA said:

weird, some friends of mine have done the swap and just notice 3-4°C of difference, not a big deal but i understand your point 

I have the C30 RS and I think it heats up faster than the C38. If they have the torque version it very well could be a totally different experience than what I've had. While I was running the Noctua it was pretty nice to have a dead silent wheel, besides the 8khz ring from the motor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SorenStarr said:

Yeah the position of the fan is not great but the reason it's there is to be as close to the mosfets as possible. They could have turned the whole pcb around 180 degrees and had the mosfets closer to the open space next to the pcb. Right now I have one stock fan mounted in that open space and the temps are fine until you start climbing hills. When summer time returns I will probably add a second stock fan to the wheel and will never worry about overheating. It'll also be even louder. Like a little blow dryer lol.

I am honestly considering trying to find an extra side panel, making a hole near the speaker area with a Noctua venting out and seeing what happens. I guess i would also have to seal off the speaker area, and have some sort of mesh to reduce the potential of water splashing in. I doubt it compromise it more for water ingression than it already is.