Inmotion v11: 2 chargers one red one green why?

Finn Bjerke

Charging my V11 using 2 chargers one is red as in not fully charged the other is green as in fully charged. I continued till both of gave green light.  Why is this ? Is the wheel better battery balanced now ?  I have also used a fast charger at one point. 1994392763_chargersredgreen.thumb.jpg.2f992fc1ab0444303d0dd2b4cb26132f.jpg

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Charging my V11 using 2 chargers one is red as in not fully charged the other is green as in fully charged.

The led becomes green once the charging current drops below some threshold. This threshold can for most chargers be adjusted with some internal trim potentiometer.

This threshold should be around some 3% of the Ah capacity of the battery. From some chargers members measured this threshold is a bit to high and one should continue charging for some 1/2 to two hours after the green led for full charging and especially balancing!

I continued till both of gave green light.  Why is this ?

Same is true for the maximum output voltage - it's adjusted with some internal trim potentiometer.

So expect the maximum output voltage to differ in some (bit blow?) 1% range.

So during the constant voltage stage of charging only one charger performs the charging - the one with the a bit higher maximum output voltage. The other charger turns the led green and is ?maybe just burdening the other charger? (*)

One can deliberately remove the charger with the green led at this stage.

Is the wheel better battery balanced now ? 

No - in regard to balancing there is no difference.

(*) Never looked into the details of the charger circuitry, bot often switched mode power supplies cannot and do not like to sink currents.