Airwheel X3 - One Year Battery Life ???????

I now HATE Walking!!

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

If you can open a portion of the battery pack and be able to get the  battery serial number, you can do a web search to determine if it is 2200mah or 2900mah. If it is only 130wh then you should raise a dispute thru Paypal. The other concern is if even though it says 2900mah, the batteries might not be original Samsung batteries. Still, you can try to raise a dispute. Some members inflate their tires less for added grip when making slaloms.

Thank you for the suggestions, I have thought about lower pressure, but tyre itself I feel is not real grippy and there is a distance issue atm. I am going to put the 80w pack back in. Much better, wheel is a lot more responsive, 40 minute charge time for 6-7km. Not just seat of pants but by gps. I will cut this pack open when I change them back over and find what batteries are in it. I have already contacted seller about this and am waiting for a reply. Another generic wheel I have here takes 80 minutes to charge and is said to be 130w, so at 2amps charge cannot see how new pack is even this big.

On 3/30/2016 at 3:10 PM, SlowMo said:

If you can open a portion of the battery pack and be able to get the  battery serial number, you can do a web search to determine if it is 2200mah or 2900mah. If it is only 130wh then you should raise a dispute thru Paypal. The other concern is if even though it says 2900mah, the batteries might not be original Samsung batteries. Still, you can try to raise a dispute. Some members inflate their tires less for added grip when making slaloms.

Ok has ICR 18650-29E cells(banggood said 16s batteries) but all I can find out is they are 2900mah, but only 10amp max? I find, are the 16s batteries higher amps cannot even find them on the net.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Ok has ICR 18650-29E cells(banggood said 16s batteries) but all I can find out is they are 2900mah, but only 10amp max? I find, are the 16s batteries higher amps cannot even find them on the net.

They are Samsung 2900 mah batteries. The question is whether they are genuine or not. Normally, a 170wh pack can last up to 12-15 km until drained with a 60 kg rider at cruising speed of 15km/h. 

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wholesale-Original-Samsung-icr18650-29e-18650_60347544824.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.1.tpNU8e&s=p

17 hours ago, SlowMo said:

They are Samsung 2900 mah batteries. The question is whether they are genuine or not. Normally, a 170wh pack can last up to 12-15 km until drained with a 60 kg rider at cruising speed of 15km/h. 

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wholesale-Original-Samsung-icr18650-29e-18650_60347544824.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.1.tpNU8e&s=p

Thanks Slow Mo, I found the tech sheet from samsung. Going by the vids detailing how to recognise fake samsung cells they look genuine. A friend is going to test pack on monday and he will for sure be able to say if genuine or not also capacities etc.

I bought 170w pack thinking the 15km mark, I am 76kg and mostly use it on flat smooth bicycle paths(I always do about 5km inbetween stops), but this pack also makes euc a bit unpleasant to ride as well.  Foot boards are very vague compared to 88w pack, I get noticeable heat from 170w pack after say 3-5 minutes of riding, it sometimes hesitates when taking off or climbing a steep slope. Wheel is genuine X3 unbranded I bought from factory as old stock cheap. I have 3 of them, but other 2 are X5's with 130w packs, I also have a X6 generic with 130w pack, these easily do 11km, but I love the X3 is the problem atm and do not like riding the others as much. The X3 handles well and is very responsive with 80w pack in it, so much so I can actually skid the wheel doing emergency stops and it will leave small blackies on very tight turns although this may be the shit tyre.  I am actually looking at tyres now and I will be putting higher profile(bigger diameter) tyre on soon. 

If I could make my mind up which brand name wheel to get I would order straight away, but all have pro's and con's. Liked the solowheel extreme but I am told they only do 19kph which is not much better than the 13-15kph I do now, I do not think I need more than 15kph, but I want some mileage up in the 20-30km mark. Also 18" wheels are too big. What I liked about the X3 is the size, small and compact, 16" may be good, but we do not have shops over here where I can go have a look at them, so I just go by what people write here on the forum, more info here than anywhere else and heaps of 1st hand experiences with different euc's. 

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

If I could make my mind up which brand name wheel to get I would order straight away, but all have pro's and con's. Liked the solowheel extreme but I am told they only do 19kph which is not much better than the 13-15kph I do now, I do not think I need more than 15kph, but I want some mileage up in the 20-30km mark. Also 18" wheels are too big. What I liked about the X3 is the size, small and compact, 16" may be good, but we do not have shops over here where I can go have a look at them, so I just go by what people write here on the forum, more info here than anywhere else and heaps of 1st hand experiences with different euc's. 

If you need faster speeds, then there are models like the (Milbay) Kingsong KS-14C 800w 340wh or 680wh , Gotway MCM2s/MCM3 (500-800w) 340wh, Gotway MCM4-HS 800w 340wh, IPS Zero 800w 340wh and others.

I have the MCM2s 340wh, MCM4-HS 340wh and IPS Zero 340wh. I weigh 67kgs atm. and these machines can easilly reach 20-28kms when used moderately at speeds between 15-23 km/h. We never manage to run fast and the average is 15-18 km/h. The units are solidly built and are of very high quality. The motor of the MCM4-HS has a much wider width than the Zero and the MCM2s and is highly recommendable.

Archived