The longest recorded electric unicycle ride

EUC Addict

I went out bold and beautiful. Bells and whistles. I got friends that supported me for this. I appreciate that all from my heart. What happened? Well... this is not an excuse to anyone or for anything, due unforeseen situations might pile up and make things hard to proceed. Few of them happened at this time. Surprise? Well this is 2020 and we all know how things are around us. Here comes. I had a team of people that would come by and do this run with me. A team. One after another bailed. I dont be at any feeling of that, due the daily puzzle we do in our life goes first. Hands down. I had few left. I trusted. What happened in the evening day before it was GO, was I got 2 calls. I cant come, I cant do this. Uhh.. ok now problems started. I rang around, called ppl on the FB, mails, and forums, and person. I need one driver. I got one that was 100% but he could only after this that time. 11 hours too late of take off. Ok, that was what we went on with. To top that I was 2 hours late to that. LOL? Whatever, the trip took off. I was happy. Now we're going and not gonna stop for nothing. So it was. Weather was abit ok, some small times it was "¤#%, but it cracked up in the sky and all was fine. We went 395km on the Sherman odo. I was sooo determined, even we miss the time we set up, the distance and the goal of doing this in this time this distance.. I had no single thought of bail out. Then I got the punch right in the face. Hard. Im recharging in Odeshog (Ödeshög in Sweden). I try to start the recharg point to deliver, it didnt work... wth? I put in my gear to charge, and went in to the car and start it up again from the App in the phone. Green light went to Blue (charging) Wooohoo.. I went out and get the other charger. Put it in and POOOF! Wtf? Charger exploded in a bright flash. Its on the Live video too. The pole went red. I was.. wth... I start to investigate all stuff and.. no, all was gone. The wheel was ded too. Turmoil in my head.. how to go on. I had 3 wheels in the car. I soon realized I can only drain them all cause they are slow charging wheels. I can drain them and get to Norrkoping where my daughter was waiting with a late night dinner. :(  I choose to bail out. I called my daughter. -Im sorry, I cant come. :(  Then we went back home in the car. Put last message on the last LIVE session, let it be there for 25-30 minutes, then we cut the Live broadcast. It was a silent journey home. Conclusion? I'm happy and full spirit that I went this far in these conditions in the cold November, man!, 395km in one go. I won the trust of the tech on my wheel. I know today what it is capable off. Its a real beast that I will keep the rest of my life. Hands down. We will come back. Attempt #2 is coming in the spring, and we will not stop for anything. Just wait. I wish you like this previous bold attempt :). The videos are still on my YT profile, MikieSWE, I will do few shorter Live sessions before I attempt to do a retake on this one. I will be so much more and better prepared. Count on that. Lessons learned, and Im fully standing corrected. Self confidence slightly bent, but not broken. "I'll be back !"

Me signing out.

Cheers, and have a good aand safe run out there. (And do not stop for anything)

=)

• Like 2

I wrote a huge response on this.. but I deleted... I think that deep inside those who watched you wanted to ride there with you and you truly brought us with you.. I followed.. so this Shane and few of my friends...  let's just say .. this is your first 400 km trip.. and what a trip.. next one will be longer ...

• Like 1

@MikieSWEI acknowledge that others may think it's weird, but I thoroughly enjoy watching others on their long distance ride. Makes me wish I was doing it too. I have a family with three little kids, so I don't have the time to do multiple day trips right now. I have to limit myself to 24 hours.

After I get my Monster Pro, I have planned a 300 mile trip to be done in less than 24 hours.

Let me know when you try again. 

Edited by EUC Addict
deleted word