KS18XL Speed Alarms

Mick Walker

Hi All,

I am a new rider and loving it so far. I am wondering what speed alarms do you guys set within the application which take into account battery drainage?

I am a heavy guy (116kg) so very interested to hear from others who may be packing the lbs like myself :lol:

Welcome ! So I setup 1 alarm to 25km/h (this is legal limit here for EUc speed) then 2nd to 30km/h and last one to 32Km/h... Anyway in city of Paris going faster then 25km/h is a dream (triaffic ligts, stops, etc). Also I wanted to keep a safe power limit for security reason and for a wheel going almost 50km/h max, half of it sounds safe to me...

50% of available power as safety margin ? I understand legal reasons but even at 50kph You still has some safety margin from manufacturer. I think 40-45kph is sweet spot but set it whatever You are comfortable now. Wheel will gradually adjust this limit as battery level goes down. You have to be more cautious below 50% but fun stops below 30%. I don't use EUCWorld battery level dependent alarms.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 7:36 AM, johnyz89 said:

50% of available power as safety margin ? I understand legal reasons but even at 50kph You still has some safety margin from manufacturer. I think 40-45kph is sweet spot but set it whatever You are comfortable now. Wheel will gradually adjust this limit as battery level goes down. You have to be more cautious below 50% but fun stops below 30%. I don't use EUCWorld battery level dependent alarms.

Will the wheel automatically adjust as the battery goes down?

3rd level alarm and titlback are always scaled when battery voltage goes down (below 25%). For example if You have third alarm at 40kph and battery is 20% it will sound at lower speed than 40kph. Im not sure about 1st and 2nd level alarms. Just don't accelerate too hard when battery level is below 50% and even softer below 25% and You will be fine. It won't cut out if you are not aggresive and listen to beeps.

What firmware version does your wheel have ?

Edited by johnyz89
  • Like 1