upgraded V10F Pedals

helmet

1. So the pedal cracking on the original V10[F] pedals was generally only a problem for heavier riders and/or those doing a lot of repetitive impact like curb-drops. I have ~2k miles on my V10F with those pedals which I inspect every now and then and it still shows zero signs of stress in the reported problem area. (But I only weigh ~150lbs and my g/f who rides is under 100 lbs.)
  2. I have seen zero reports of pedal cracking on the updated/fixed pedals so far.
  3. The slippery-when-wet thing is only sort of true. Yes, you have less traction on them when wet, but I've ridden in rain and it's not like you're going to slip right off them in normal riding/you still have some traction even when wet, it's just lessened. But I could see hitting a major bump/pothole when wet and the lesser traction being the difference that caused you to slip off. The addition of a grip tape surface while maintaining the rubber foundation was really a great improvement/solution on the revised pedals.

FWIW, the V10[F] pedals are some of the comfiest around, and largely responsible for the V10[F] having one of the best ride qualities of the pre-suspension wheels.