Inmotion v5f and gotway charger

Wonderwebb

Hi all I seem to have lost my v5f charger  and was wondering if I could use my gotway msx 84volt charger by buying a female gx16 plug wired up to a Lenovo plug ? I assume it's just two wires ?  I see that the v5f is also 84 volt so is this feasible? 

Yes, it can be done. I am guessing that this is a low amp charger. ( less than two amps) You would not want to charge the V5 with a larger charger. 
The difficulty is getting a proper Lenovo plug. The ones that come with a pig tall ( wires already hooked up) do not use the center pin. The V5 uses the center pin. 

V5. Outside > not used

Inside   > negative 

Center > pin positive

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, RockyTop said:

V5. Outside > not used

Hi, you mean outside isn't connected to anything ?

I have charger with center pin and outside connected, and wonder if it is safe to charge V5F with it ?

1 hour ago, Arq said:

Hi, you mean outside isn't connected to anything ?

I have charger with center pin and outside connected, and wonder if it is safe to charge V5F with it ?

There are 3 contact points on the Lenovo connector. They are difficult to test without shorting out. 1) center pin. 2) inner square area 3) outer square area. 

If you have a store made charger it should show how it is wired on the charging brick. 

The V5 uses the pin and inner square area. It doesn’t use the outer square area. I think the V3 is the same. However the Kingsong wheels use the inner and outer square areas, they do not use the pin. The Lenovo connectors/ adapters that I have found do not have a wire going to the center pin making it difficult to make a changer for the V5. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arq said:

I know it, and agree (I've just broke my charger trying check voltage :()

But I wonder what if I connect Lenovo plug with "+" on the pin and outside ?

Will it damage my wheel ?

Your charger might be OK. Most of them have protection. Just wait a few hours and it should work again. 
My theory is that if you could get power to the center pin it should work on both the V5 and Kingsong 84 volt. I have not tested this theory. I don’t believe either wheel cares about the unused connectors. 

• Like 1

Yes, yes and YES !!!

You're right, it works !!!

I thought it is broken, cause got explanation from producer (very weird):

"The short-circuit protection comes with the chip of our charger. Our charger itself is short-circuit protected. If the machine or charger has a short-circuit fault, then our charger will enter the protection state, and then the charger light will flash, and the fault will be restored within a short period of time. , But if there is no troubleshooting for a long time, our chip will self-destruct protection, and then it will be broken."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Your charger might be OK. Most of them have protection. Just wait a few hours and it should work again. 
My theory is that if you could get power to the center pin it should work on both the V5 and Kingsong 84 volt. I have not tested this theory. I don’t believe either wheel cares about the unused connectors. 

The thin middle pin on the V5 tends to have contact problems after a while anyway. I have therefore changed the pinout directly on the charging socket in the V5, so that you can use KingSong and Inmotion chargers without changing the pinout on the charger.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, so I'm trying to use a charger for an electric scooter. I managed to charge it when connecting directly to the battery terminals inside the battery (it was at 60v overall due to being stored for forever).

The charger waits for voltage and then it starts charging. If I connect it to the charging port nothing happens. I connected it directly since the plug is non standard..

Is there anything I can do to make it start charging? Is the BMS screwed?

Thank you,

Dan

• 1 year later...

Hi im in same situation with Author. My stock charger plug got bent and now there is no available chargers anywhere. Ive seen some sellers sell a charger but the plug is different. Its an inmotion V5F the it appears like it does'nt have a large pin in the middle. 

Hoping you would help me find an alternative thank you. 

• Like 1