King Song 14D vs (whatever is more suitable)

Hi, I want to get a new EUC. I currently have a 14D and I really enjoy riding it when it's fully charged. What I enjoy is the torque and maneuverability and light weight/small footprint. I especially like exploring new places with it. I could totally learn a new city in a couple days with this device.

It starts getting sluggish on me after like 4 miles because I weight 206lbs. Then I don't feel the same security of having power and fun factor torque. Getting those tilt backs is a total fun killer and it's not safe. The things I want to upgrade are: longer rides with similar fun factor torque and maneuverability, high speeds are not as important to me (15mph is really fast enough 21-25mph would totally suffice), off road ability, not be overly big or heavy or look to conspicuous like a motorcycle on a bike path or sidewalk.

I was thinking Inmotion V10F or KS-16S. Would those still be zippy like the 14" wheel or should I just get a 14S?

• Like 1

Gotway MCM5! 14 incher, but extremely powerful and in another league compared to all other 14 inchers (of which there aren't really many). Definitely get an MCM5 before going for a 14S. The latest MCM5 v2 even has a 2.5 inch wide tire, making it even better offroads.

23 minutes ago, maslorithm said:

I was thinking Inmotion V10F or KS-16S.

I think those would be a bit different wheels, not as zippy, but much more comfortable and smooth at speed than a 14 incher. An entirely new experience and not necessarily a bad choice! In that case, go for the V10F (or one power step up for a Nikola or a 16X, but those are almost 18 inchers). I can't really recommend the 16S nowadays, I'd take a V10F (better overall package) or Tesla (more speed and power) over it any day.

• Like 1

Thanks! For some reason, in the back of my mind I wanted to investigate MCM5. I think I would have the best experience keeping with a 14" wheel because it's really so fun and usable to be able to zip and zoom around on a full charge. The speed limit in my city is 18mph on scooter type devices. I do think an argument could be made in court that this is more like an electric bicycle though than a scooter. I feel awkward just trucking down the road like a turtle at a slow speed on the 14D, yet any faster would be illegal anyways and more dangerous. So it seems like it's going to be a Gotway Egg for me. I'm going to think it over for a few more days though. If only a lightweight device, like 15lbs existed for a device like this.

I am keeping my 3 year old KS-14C and just add a big external battery to it.

I built a piano-bench chair for my Kingsong and it is super comfy. I will put the external battery under the chair and above the zinc bars.

Now I have the long range and the casual comfy experience. No need to buy a new EUC. :D

euc chair.jpg

EUC Chair 2.jpg

Edited by Philip W
  • Like 1