V11 cutout + a look inside the top elec box

M640x

0 on one side???? i think your assumption about why it shut off is correct,, though it should never read zero.. im thinking maybe that lead from the one pack became desoldered or disconnected in some way

• Like 2

Yeah with 0 volts I'm thinking the same thing about a desoldered connection or possibly the BMS is faulty and the voltage isn't making it through.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 2:09 PM, Senior Coffee said:

When testing the battery leads coming up from the batteries, I found 0 volts on the left side plug and approx. 70 volts on the right side plug.  If I'm not too far off, I think there should be voltage on both sides.  I think when I went up the hill that the amps went up and the volts went down to a level that caused the bms, controller or both to shut down the wheel in a case of self preservation.  Basically doing what they're supposed to do.  

Um, wasn't that one of the advertised features that if a single battery fails, the V11 can still continue to run with reduced power without problems, or something like that? :whistling:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rywokast said:

...it could have reduced the power for all we know but the operator would have no clue in hell and push it just as hard which could easily cause an over lean or power spike that the wheel couldn't handle,

If the wheel is elegantly handling a battery fault and operating on one pack,  I wonder how the rider is supposed to know about it.  It'd be good to know if there's an announcement through the wheel's speaker when the mainboard is conscious of the problem.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rywokast said:

it can, like any wheel.. it did run without problems, however no wheel in existence would work equally with half it's batteries operating.. it could have reduced the power for all we know but the operator would have no clue in hell and push it just as hard which could easily cause an over lean or power spike that the wheel couldn't handle, though with these circumstances on such a powerful wheel seems a bit odd, perhaps with such powerful motors and advanced boards the batteries are the weakest link now?.. the obvious with this would be one of the packs became disconnected somehow and the spike from going up the hill was too much for one battery pack... it could be something entirely different though and the battery reading was just a coincidence but I doubt it this seems pretty obvious. 

I can't tell from the pics but was this a pre production unit? either way this will be valuable information for inmotion and they always put out fw updates soon after a new wheel is released.. it's not like cars that have to pass a slew of safety tests and go through a huge ordeal before they can come to market.. we are the testers lol

It was a production V11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...