WTB First Wheel - Chicago Ill

Hey all. Im looking for a first euc, my budget is $400, but Id be willing to go more for the right one. Not really to picky though, just want to get into this awesome looking hobby!

• Like 1

You can get a new Mten3 from Gotway for around $600.  It's a 10 inch wheel.  Great to learn on and you will always enjoy it after you learn and grow into a larger. stronger and larger battery capacity wheel.   It only weighs 22lbs and can fit into a large backpack for taking it onto public transportation.  

41 minutes ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

You can get a new Mten3 from Gotway for around $600.  It's a 10 inch wheel.  Great to learn on and you will always enjoy it after you learn and grow into a larger. stronger and larger battery capacity wheel.   It only weighs 22lbs and can fit into a large backpack for taking it onto public transportation.  

I would agree, the mten3 is probably best around that price range

1 hour ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

Thanks, ill have to look into that. Its to bad theyre sold out on ewheels though 😓

18 minutes ago, EucRich said:

Thanks, ill have to look into that. Its to bad theyre sold out on ewheels though 😓

try euco.us  They are another US dealer in California

There are a lot of videos on the wheel.  Some are from members here on this forum.  I especially want to mention Marty.  He has reviews on most of the newest models.

Edited by Paradoxedgewater
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

try euco.us  They are another US dealer in California

There are a lot of videos on the wheel.  Some are from members here on this forum.  I especially want to mention Marty.  He has reviews on most of the newest models.

Thank you! Appreciate the advice. After watching videos by Marty and some reviews, I went ahead and ordered the GW Mten3. Should ship late July! :D

• Like 3

I received my new Gotway Mten3 from EUCO.US yesterday but they did not upgrade it with the Nikola pedals.  I reached out to them tonight about the oversight.  I do not know if they ship them separately of just forgot to install the upgraded pedals.  Ipedal.jpg.aa6d9bb81993ecb021efe08198a06bc2.jpg will keep this thread updated with information I receive from EUCO.US.   The standard pedals are pretty small for larger feet. 

The standard pedals have some orange rubber on them that actually made my shoe slip a little.  The Nikola pedals do not have this and have  much more grip.

Edited by Paradoxedgewater

On 7/19/2020 at 7:14 PM, Tayotoka said:

Thank you! Appreciate the advice. After watching videos by Marty and some reviews, I went ahead and ordered the GW Mten3. Should ship late July! :D

I received a reply to my email.  They are sending the Nikola pedals no charge.  If you ordered from EUCO.US make sure you get the upgraded Nikola pedals, they make a big difference .

They have been very responsive to my questions and now this situation too.

I just ordered the MTen3 from EUCO.US as well. They confirmed that the Nikola pedals are now standard and ships with them from Gotway. I'm also getting the trolley handle from EUCO.US.

Its odd they say the Mten3 ships from Gotway with the Nikola pedals.  I got my Mten3 this week from EUCO.US and the old, standard pedals were on it.  They shipped the Nikola pedals today and I should have them next week but that doesn't explain how something that ships from the factory with an upgrade arrived without it. 

To update this thread I received the Nikola pedals yesterday and I attempted to put them on today.  Two things I noticed right away that was wrong.  The pedal rod from the original pedals is to short to secure the Nikola pedals.  In the pictures the original pedal is on top on the Nikola pedal and they are on top of the pedal hanger.  You can see that if the rod shifts the amount of rod securing the pedal to the wheel is very small.  The screws that secure the rod do not screw in all the way to center the rod.  They go in about 3/4" before stopping.   The second issue is the magnets inside the pedals they sent do not align with the pedals in the wheel.  You pick up the wheel the pedals fall open.  not good.  It seems the correct pedal with the correct magnets is the Nikola Plus pedals.  They contain magnets that align with the wheel.  I have reached out to EUCO.US, again, and am waiting for a solution.   They have been responsive to my issues so far so I hope the answer quickly.  

ShortRod1.jpg

ShortRod2.jpg