Retractable Carrying Strap

Paulandjacquelyn

I have been dwelling on a carry strap system.  I think I'd like to mount a retractable carrying strap , kinda like a seatbelt, that can connect or disconnect to a clip for easy use.   The clip would be on opposite side (front or back).

I've looked at seat belt mechanisms but may be too long when extended.  Does anyone know of any other similar retractable strap?

2 hours ago, dmethvin said:

I am not sure what you are describing. Is this a "tether" to keep the EUC from running away if you fall off? Or do you mean a "harness" of some kind to actually carry the EUC on  your body? 

To carry around shoulder when not riding so weight is better distributed than handle.

After carrying mine a bunch a shoulder strap would be awesome, I have not found a good place to mount said strap. The small screw holes for the lights seem too lightweight for a carry strap but this idea is a must and I'll eventually come up a way for mine to have a shoulder strap for carrying. 

30 minutes ago, Vanopolis said:

After carrying mine a bunch a shoulder strap would be awesome, I have not found a good place to mount said strap. The small screw holes for the lights seem too lightweight for a carry strap but this idea is a must and I'll eventually come up a way for mine to have a shoulder strap for carrying. 

New mount holes can be drilled and added no issue.  I will be using a nice looking guitar strap for now.   Will keep searching for a good retractable strap mechanism

I just picked up one of these on Amazon for under $50.  It says AirWheel all over it, but I'll figure out a way to change that as needed.  I'm currently running a TG F3, but plan to pick up a Ninebot One E+ in the next few days.  I'll then need to change the AirWheel logo to Ninebot, or something else fun.

BackPack.jpg

6 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I just picked up one of these on Amazon for under $50.  It says AirWheel all over it, but I'll figure out a way to change that as needed.  I'm currently running a TG F3, but plan to pick up a Ninebot One E+ in the next few days.  I'll then need to change the AirWheel logo to Ninebot, or something else fun.

Can you follow up once you get it and let us know about the fit and comfort? I've seen these and wondered how well they worked. 

12 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

To carry around shoulder when not riding so weight is better distributed than handle.

Be careful with that much weight on a strap that's hanging on one shoulder. It's not a good way to carry heavy things. For something light like a guitar it's no problem, but I don't know a lot of 12-15kg items that use a carrying strap.

2 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Can you follow up once you get it and let us know about the fit and comfort? I've seen these and wondered how well they worked. 

Link to what I bought

I've already tried it.  It's a very comfortable, very light pack, and the fit is extremely adjustable to any wheel.  I believe it will fit any of the wheels out there by adjusting the tie down straps, and there's NO chance it will fall out when adjusted properly.  The issue I have is the weight.  My wheel is pretty heavy to have on my back.  But if you are going to pack your wheel, I would suggest this backpack.  It appears to be built very well and has quite a bit of extra space in it for other items.  Again, weight will be the issue for me.  There is a normal backpack storage area and about 3 other zipped pouches on the sides and back for extra batteries, lights, and charger.  The fabric is very sturdy, zippers strong, and stitching looks very well done.  It has an adjustable waist belt to help hold the weight off your shoulders and has plenty of padding so you don't feel the foot pads digging into your back or the weight digging into your shoulders.  There is also a carry handle for when it's not on your back.

One other thing.  It has straps that allow you to carry the 2 wheel HoverBoards too.  It fits either style.  I have both, so it will be handy if I take out either one.  Especially handy for the HoverBoard because when that battery dies, it's a bear to carry due to being so smooth and awkward without a trolley handle option.

Most of the time, I'll just use the Trolley Handle on flatter ground, but for those times I want to hike into a trail or bring all the Unicycle Gear on a trip, this will be ideal.

20151125_160947959_iOS.jpg

20151125_160934976_iOS.jpg

20151125_160902077_iOS.jpg

20151125_160731364_iOS.jpg

20151125_160654383_iOS.jpg

20151125_160615317_iOS.jpg

1 hour ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

It would only be for a few minutes like picking up store item or post office.  In n out of the stote. The back pack would not be convenient for this type errands.   

I did order back pack but only for carrying purchases

This one will allow carrying purchases, and carrying wheel when needed.  Without the wheel in it, it appears to be just a fancy backpack, nobody would be the wiser.

Pack On Side.jpg

Pack On.jpg

Pack Side.jpg

Pack.jpg

I'm running this Trolley Handle on mine and I cannot be happier with it.  You don't have to carry anything extra, so it's always there when you need it.   It's not in the way at all when it's collapsed, and gives you another mounting option for goodies.  I've just mounted a camera to it.  You cannot pull it behind you, but rather you push it ahead of you which works quite well.  I've taken it into stores a number of times and it's easy to push around.  And, of course, everyone is obviously curious about what it is.  The other benefit is that if there's a hold up in the store, you can jump on the wheel and quickly ride into the bad guys and knock them down!  Oh, sorry, got off on a tangent...:huh:

Only thing I do not like is that you use a Zip Tie to connect to the top of the wheel.  Bottom mounts with included bolts.  I am able to carry the wheel around with this handle if I like, but mostly it wheels it around nicely.

Handle Mounted.jpg

Handle Open.jpg

On Wed Nov 25 2015 22:52:28 GMT-0800, Jag_Rip said:

Post pics when you have it pweeze, I cant picture it how you wear it. I am thinking of getting the handlebar, but a retractable strap would be a lot better, since its not cluttering the look of the bot.

Ordered and will have Sunday. If works will be a great solution for carrying easily and quickly.  I'll post more on process

Archived