In My Neck of the Woods...

gon2fast

On 7/15/2020 at 2:43 AM, gon2fast said:

Just spotted this on my local CL site... Awesome.

You should take a lesson and try it out.  I wonder if the wheel axles are articulated so that the wheel can be turned?

Could this be the solution to my finally learning to ride in reverse?

Your location is now Unclassified. :D

Bruce

They are.  Here's another pic.

00T0T_2Qbk0bMMVvX_0CI0lL_600x450.jpg.e968b903ef3c92bd20d84fdd39f026b6.jpg

Odd that the body is leaning but the wheel isn't.

Bruce

9 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

They are.  Here's another pic.

00T0T_2Qbk0bMMVvX_0CI0lL_600x450.jpg.e968b903ef3c92bd20d84fdd39f026b6.jpg

Odd that the body is leaning but the wheel isn't.

Bruce

Smaller wheel on outside left edge? Looks pretty even lean to me.. Do you use a cellphone on your left shoulder a lot? Perhaps your head is crooked nowadays?

Cmon Bruce, you don't need sissy ass training wheels. To ride backwards, you just gotta sack up and lean. You know, go against everything you think is right, ignore that voice in your head telling you that survival is important, and lean backwards like an idiot. ;)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

21 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Smaller wheel on outside left edge? Looks pretty even lean to me.. Do you use a cellphone on your left shoulder a lot? Perhaps your head is crooked nowadays?

Cmon Bruce, you don't need sissy ass training wheels. To ride backwards, you just gotta sack up and lean. You know, go against everything you think is right, ignore that voice in your head telling you that survival is important, and lean backwards like an idiot. ;)

The small wheel on the outside is to get the rider started on learning how to balance the wheel.

I do stick my butt out and reverse.  But I am not making progress despite practicing almost every day.  I think my best is about 10 feet.  I assumed it would be like learning to ride, it would just click after enough practice.  I may have to "borrow" a shopping cart.

Bruce

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

The small wheel on the outside is to get the rider started on learning how to balance the wheel.

I do stick my butt out and reverse.  But I am not making progress despite practicing almost every day.  I think my best is about 10 feet.  I assumed it would be like learning to ride, it would just click after enough practice.  I may have to "borrow" a shopping cart.

Bruce

How odd that you can do the hardest part (the transition) but cant keep going. I've found that once the transition is over, its simply of matter of DO NOT LOOK DOWN. My bigger issue now, is i tend to take off like a rocket backwards, the speed of it scares me and I begin to look down or just over correct. It doesnt bother me too much, as I'm not finding the ability to ride backwards, much use anyhow.