What is the battery capacity do you have?

Jimicycle

I am new in EU.

I recently bought a MoHoo draw bar type from Banggood. It is copy of SML. 

http://www.banggood.com/132Wh-Portable-Electric-Unicycle-Draw-Bar-Type-Electric-Scooter-20km-p-973195.html

I do not think it is a real brand, the quality is not good, the box and manual are not for this. See my image review at the site.

But for the money, I am ok with it. 

The claimed capacity is 132Wh, also the battery package has a print of "Samsung 2200mhA". I think it is doubtful for both the manufacture and the capacity. As I measured with a power meter, with a completely discharged battery (the low battery lights are blinking), I can only put 65wh to it, this includes the electricity used by the external charger and the internal charging circuit.

I know almost all batteries on the market now are bluffing. Can you share what do you have, so we have some kind of idea.

BTW, I am about 160 lb. At 50 degrees weather, I can only ride for less than 4 miles with it. I believe branded cycles should be better.

Thanks,

1116150001.jpg

1116150000.jpg

My 14" generic was sold to the first owner as 210Wh, when I opened it up, the battery pack says 170Wh, and I think I got maybe around 11-13km out of it at best, so I suspect it's actually 132Wh ;)  No idea on the cell manufacturer, never opened the pack. The Firewheel uses real Sony US18650V3's, and with that I've got around 26km at best (2 * 132Wh = 264Wh total nominal capacity, last time I checked with Charge Doctor, it charged 268.something Wh into them after riding them to empty).

Currently I also have 4 * 192Wh (LG MH1-cells) custom-built packs sitting on my desk, as I still have to wait for a couple of bits (that have supposedly left Germany from 1RadWerkstatt about two weeks ago, but haven't showed up yet, wouldn't be too surprised if they're sitting at terminal in Helsinki or been lost). Also, the postal service employees went on strike today, and depending how long it lasts, it might cause delays of up to several weeks for pretty much everything, I've also got 26 separate packages coming in from China... <_<

esaj,

Thannks, for the info.

You generic UM is marked as 210Wh, and you get somewhat 132Wh and run 12km.

So I am not tooooo disappointed that my 132Wh gives me 65Wh, and run 6km,  LOL.

Usually, batteries are not get full capacity. In order to protect the battery, in practice, most device only discharge to 10 to 15%.

Your Charge Doctor gave you 268Wh, that means the Sony batteries are really good ones, they even have better capacity than specified. 

Can please recommend some sites that sell real batteries? There are expensive, some site just sell fake ones, and hard to return :(. 

I've seen this model a few times and they are always really cheap. How does it handle, is the case/shape good? With the handle integrated it looks like it could be clunky, do the small wheels get in the way? They look like they could help if you overlean, they will act as stabilisers to catch you from falling forwards?

5 hours ago, Tom said:

I've seen this model a few times and they are always really cheap. How does it handle, is the case/shape good? With the handle integrated it looks like it could be clunky, do the small wheels get in the way? They look like they could help if you overlean, they will act as stabilisers to catch you from falling forwards?

The case is ok though a bit thin, from 2 to 3 mm, not tough enough for heavy crash. I do not know the case thickness of good brands, thicker than 3 mm? 

This is the first EU I ever tried, fill under powered, now smooth to cross over a bump, hard to ride on the grass. As Linneaunicycles mentioned, I need a more powerful one. 

I love the handle design. When jump off, I can easily grab the handle to prevent it from falling down or rolling away - avoided most of crashes. Also, at very begging, it was helpful to let me to move my feet on the pedal. With the handle, I can push it around easily. It is hard to pull it though. The small wheel is not very useful during moving. However, it can let the EU stand up. A pair of small stands are good enough for that purpose.

During riding, I cannot use the handle, must rely on feet to keep balance. I usually push it half way in, so I can grab it when I am out of control. 

Archived