Tarmac = 180 grit sandpaper.

Well, last week was not quite a tear jerker but it was a bloodletter. I fell and my jeans shredded like wet paper and my lily white skin was grated like cheese.  It stung like mad and my jeans soaked up the blood. I ordered knee pads and have been waiting six weeks in this corona daze. No less than 6 bureaucrats have put their stamp on my package, each one a week apart.  Today I decided to get back out in the back lanes of Kyoto without knee pads but with my itching knee scab. It went well. I’m proud to say that I now have 15 km. under my belt. I have the streets to myself now but I’m worried about post shut down. The news about euc’s in Japan is not good and in ultra conservative Kyoto it could be worse. The good is many people who witnessed my wobbly runs said things like “fantastic”, “That’s great.” and “What is that?”. Heavy spirits can be lifted by light words.

• Like 2

Glad you're back on the "horse." Hope your pads arrive soon. Last year I fell backward onto my butt, slid, and had the same effect but "back there." It was awful as I couldn't really sit for 2 days, and was soaking through every pair of pants I put on, and every bandage/gauze I put over the weeping mess that the asphalt had made.  I'm waiting on my first pair of kevlar-lined shorts for this summer's riding season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Montpetit said:

Wow! Can’t sit? That’s bad. Gook luck with recovery. I got notice in my snail mail box that my knee pads will be delivered tomorrow. I’m happy about that.

Grats on the pads! What kind?  Wow it takes forever for you to get stuff. I ordered knees from the other side of the planet (rollnz cover too), and both should arrive within the week.  Too bad i hate wearing that shit and itll probably collect dust more than sweat. Hopefully Japan will not get in your way of enjoying the euc. Kudos on your progress as well, keep us updated!

Edited by ShanesPlanet