SOLD - GotWay MCM5 800W 84V with 2.5” Tyre Mod - UK, Aylesbury

£690 including postage.

Hi

I bought this 29/07/19 new from eBay seller pauta60 with 1 year warranty, after sale services in Germany.

I quickly realised I wanted a wider tyre than the 2.125” stock as this was very twitchy. I carried out the minimum modification required to get the 2.5” tyre fitted without rubbing which entailed filing the edges of the shell and trim. No screws or fittings were removed as I wanted to maintain the structural integrity. I documented this here:

The result was fantastic IMO. Extremely stable and a joy to ride. So stable in fact I would recommend caution and monitor your speed as it is very easy to go over the limit. I am 210lbs and do not get rubbing with uneven weight distribution (1 leg riding). It is worth noting that the clearance is minimal though, which can result in some rubbing if grit gets picked up by the tyre. I only rode in dry conditions on tarmac so this did not bother me enough to increase said clearance, which others on this forum have done through further modding of the shell. This clearance can also now be achieved with pedal hangar extensions that have been developed recently.

I had one tumble that resulted in the scuffs and very small crack (has not effected the side panel fit). Few other minor scratches.

I got a flat, so ordered two 2.5” inner tubes but haven’t needed to fit them as slime has held firm for 3 months.

Will be posted with UPS to UK only. Comes in original box with manual, power adapter, original tyre & inner tube, 2.5” inner tube x2 and original pads.

209 miles. Black painted pedals.

Reason for sale: I have an e-bike project on the go with bills due. Only have space for one wheel at a time and still very happy with my MSX as I predominantly ride off road.

There seems to be a shortage of these in stock in the UK currently. Grab yourself this hill climbing mini beast to get around this summer.

Any questions please PM.

£690 via PayPal.

https://m.imgur.com/a/USXMpao

Edited by RoCan
Extra info
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, LukeRian said:

What is the real world speed and range of the wheel from your experience?

Speed depends on weight and terrain. Range depends on weight, speed and terrain. I never did a range test because I’d find it boring riding slower to get more miles out of it. I’ve always preferred shorter blasts.

I can give no answer relevant to you I’m afraid.

I can say it goes a lot faster than the 40 kph top speed, but at your own risk.

Thanks

• Like 1

On mine 90kgs it will beep just over 24mph, I never ride the beeps. As the battery level drops the beeps come in earlier. At low battery say 40% it will beep at about 18/19mph, before that you can do constant 20mph but not racing to that speed.  Once the battery gets below 50% at rest hard riding will initiate the beeps.  Commuting which is half and half up and down hill I can get about 17 miles, on flat ground about 14-15 miles. This is riding it quite hard, if you stayed around 15mph I suspect it would go a lot further.  This is charging to 95% as only do every 5th charge to 100% and also with a 2.5" tire at 35psi, the lower psi also pulls the range down.

Don't think I'll ever part with the MCM5 though as it's perfect for the 1st and last 2 mile commute.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RoCan said:

Hi RoCan,

I'm new to the forum and I don't think I have the ability to PM yet (sorry about that). I've been perusing secondhand sales for a while now looking for a first wheel. I saw in your original post that you were only interested in selling within the UK. Is that still the case? I'm in the east coast of the United States and would be happy to buy your MCM5 not knowing whether shipping costs would be prohibitive.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CampusCommuter said:

Hi RoCan,

I'm new to the forum and I don't think I have the ability to PM yet (sorry about that). I've been perusing secondhand sales for a while now looking for a first wheel. I saw in your original post that you were only interested in selling within the UK. Is that still the case? I'm in the east coast of the United States and would be happy to buy your MCM5 not knowing whether shipping costs would be prohibitive.

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your interest but yes still UK only I’m afraid.

Cheers.