WTB Starter Wheel (Toronto CA)

Hey there folks, was looking to purchase my first EUC. I currently own a onewheel xr that I enjoy but have found myself using sparingly due to fear of nose dives. From my research, EUC's have more safeguards in place to prevent catastrophic failures from happening instantaneously (although I know cut offs still exist) which has brought me here. I'm definitely open to suggestions but I've narrowed my search to two wheels primarily because I want to be able to grow with the wheel and they won't break the bank. 

TLDR;  WTB in Toronto GTA

Gotway MCM5 800wh version 640wh min

Kingsong 16s

*Open to suggestions, definitely interested in anything you have available

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Richard Jay M said:

From my research, EUC's have more safeguards in place to prevent catastrophic failures from happening instantaneously (although I know cut offs still exist)

Welcome!

I would not really call it safeguards... It's just beeps and tiltback to warn one before faceplanting. And this alarms not by full 100% but "just" most of the times.

Having no experience with onewheels the major nosedive/faceplant advantage could be the higher motor/battery power and the very different stance on EUCs?

Sorry for this offtopic comment here... In this forum are afair already quite some onewheel vs EUC discussions (which i did not really follow too much) and EUC overlean/faceplant reports - so your research should have brought you to the right conclusions. Imho i just think your use of the word "safeguard" feels a bit over the top for me...:ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Richard Jay M said:

Gotway MCM5 800wh version 640wh min

Kingsong 16s

Imo very nice wheels!

As written above the "higher the specs", the higher your safety margin and the lower your risk (at the same speed!).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Welcome!

I would not really call it safeguards... It's just beeps and tiltback to warn one before faceplanting. And this alarms not by full 100% but "just" most of the times.

Having no experience with onewheels the major nosedive/faceplant advantage could be the higher motor/battery power and the very different stance on EUCs?

Sorry for this offtopic comment here... In this forum are afair already quite some onewheel vs EUC discussions (which i did not really follow too much) and EUC overlean/faceplant reports - so your research should have brought you to the right conclusions. Imho i just think your use of the word "safeguard" feels a bit over the top for me...:ph34r:

Imo very nice wheels!

As written above the "higher the specs", the higher your safety margin and the lower your risk (at the same speed!).

Hey thanks for the welcome and the response!

I guess the word "safeguards" might have been much although the audible warnings  and the reserve power most EUC's have set in place are welcome additions my onewheel is lacking. 

Also glad to know that I'm looking in the right direction, if you have any other suggestions for a beginner wheel that has the latitude for potential rider growth I'd love to hear your suggestions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Richard Jay M said:

Also glad to know that I'm looking in the right direction, if you have any other suggestions for a beginner wheel that has the latitude for potential rider growth I'd love to hear your suggestions.

I'm riding a KS16S since almost 3 years and i'm quite happy with it. And *knockingonwood* no faceplant in this time!

But i tried my brothers KS18XL a couple of month ago - a total different world:D:thumbup:.

Imo the GW Nikola/MSX/MSP should be another huge leap further...

... and the first rumours start for new models to come. With Inmotion beeing first to show?

So it all depends on your expectitions and "behaviour"...

KS 18 series all day long! I aint selling mine, sorry! I too had a OW in my cart about to pull the trigger and decided to investigate further. Nosedives and specs led me to the wonderful world of EUC and I KNOW it wasnt the wrong move. Good luck on a used wheel. Scratches and dings are character, just be careful and try to check before purchase, as most of the cost on these is the batteries. You should have no problem finding plenty of opinions about new riders and 'first' wheels.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chriull said:

I'm riding a KS16S since almost 3 years and i'm quite happy with it. And *knockingonwood* no faceplant in this time!

But i tried my brothers KS18XL a couple of month ago - a total different world:D:thumbup:.

Imo the GW Nikola/MSX/MSP should be another huge leap further...

... and the first rumours start for new models to come. With Inmotion beeing first to show?

So it all depends on your expectitions and "behaviour"...

Tbh I really want a ks16x but I know it wouldn't be very financially feasible to purchase one at this point of time (being I don't even know how to ride yet 😂). 

And yes I've heard the rumors for the new inmotion wheel, I'm also keeping my options open for purchasing a new mid tier wheel and beating the crap out of it while learning.

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

KS 18 series all day long! I aint selling mine, sorry! I too had a OW in my cart about to pull the trigger and decided to investigate further. Nosedives and specs led me to the wonderful world of EUC and I KNOW it wasnt the wrong move. Good luck on a used wheel. Scratches and dings are character, just be careful and try to check before purchase, as most of the cost on these is the batteries. You should have no problem finding plenty of opinions about new riders and 'first' wheels.

I think the ks18 range of wheels are awesome, theyre just out of my budget right now unfortunately. Maybe a decent used deal will come up though.

As for the onewheel, don't get me wrong, I think they are fantastic devices as well, but the lack of any clear indication that you're approaching it's threshold for speed is what really dampens it's fun factor for me. Constantly wanting to push it that just much more but fear of eating the cement is what's keeping me from really going hard. At least there's less guessing when you're on a euc. I still plan on keeping my onewheel because of how fun the carving is at lower speeds

im selling my Gotway ACM16 v2 640wh locally at 800$ CAD neg  but id prefer not hassle to ship  - one local guy is interested at 700$  but has to get the money first -  if one want to pick it up in Trois-Rivieres,Quebec,Canada  il let it for 700 $  CAD

16 inch - 2763km- 640wh- no trolley

I think its a great wheel to learn- i still use it when i dont want to bring my massive nikola+ ...  im only selling it because i want a MTEN3 to bring in the backseat of my car for distant electric charging station (i have a chevy volt) - i was doing +50km on a charge with this wheel - great great wheel  -

picture:

Edited by Lavabo

4 hours ago, Lavabo said:

im selling my Gotway ACM16 v2 640wh locally at 800$ CAD neg  but id prefer not hassle to ship  - one local guy is interested at 700$  but has to get the money first -  if one want to pick it up in Trois-Rivieres,Quebec,Canada  il let it for 700 $  CAD

16 inch - 2763km- 640wh- no trolley

I think its a great wheel to learn- i still use it when i dont want to bring my massive nikola+ ...  im only selling it because i want a MTEN3 to bring in the backseat of my car for distant electric charging station (i have a chevy volt) - i was doing +50km on a charge with this wheel - great great wheel  -

picture:

Hey that's an awesome deal. Unfortunately I don't live in the Quebec area and i don't think making the trip there is an option. Lmk if you decide to change your mind on shipping though, I would be interested.