VERY cheap android suggestions for euc use in 2020

Having fallen in love with the ability to track tours and my euc telemetry, it makes sense that my crapolla android is now headed to the pile of rifle targets after just 3 weeks. Im not interested in a phone or in something that has enough power to supplement nasa. I really am looking for a very small and CHEAP android device that will be DEDICATED to one or two apps and gps data. So far it seems the motorolla g series fits the bill. I prefer removable batteries, but as the title states, What are the cheapest options for dedicated euc monitoring in android for 2020? Having less cameras, crappier mics, little storage, no 5g, no built in sim cards, all of this is fine, just simply a decent small device with a battery that lasts at least 4hrs. I would prefer android as EUCW is pretty much my current plans for it. Any suggestions? Is the used phone market a risky place to even bother?

6 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Moto G of 2017 is great, specially if you root and install a custom rom that is empty!

But for me, it's better to have "one" phone, and have a power bank with you.

You had me sold at 'custom rom that is empty'. Thanks for your opinion! Lest we forget, the 18L IS one big damn battery bank. lol

• Like 2

I can recommend Motorola Moto G7 Power and IMO you don't need to make any ROM mods with this phone. It comes from factory quite clean and not bloated with unneeded apps. I extensively used G7 Power last year for EUC World development and also during my long rides. Battery is really huge, phone comes with quick charge and is very capable (in terms of memory, storage and CPU power), so you can have it as a one phone for all your tasks. Display is big and clear. Camera works good. You can run EUC World, Spotify, Google Maps or other navigation at the same time and everything works perfectly. Now I use G8 Power as Android 10 phone for EUC World development and it's also great phone, however G7 Power should be cheaper though and is absolutely enough for EUC riding.

And THIS is exactly why I cant seem to recall where all my damn money went. :)   thanks Seba, Between the 2 of you guys, OBVIOUSLY the Moto g should easily exceed what I need from it. I guess the only question left is...  Can i replace the screen once i destroy it, or is it also one of those disposable devices? Regardless, I'll place the order tonight. FIgures Id get dragged into this technology thing, only to watch the pocket get thinner. And here i was, worried we'd seen the last of my published eucw tours.

There is also the G7 Play, smaller batter but half the price. 

And i mentioned custom rom cause i said the 2017 version, these phones may need something other than the rom they had when shipped. Still Motorola are quite de-bloaded, yes!

If you are worried about damages, you can install a rugged case just for that phone.

For me it's better not to have a standalone phone for all of this, i suggest keep your standard phone safe and connect a device like a pebble or maybe a tizen smartwatch, @Seba will soon release the Tizen watchface that connects to EUC world. It's best to have the information at your wrist and alarms/vibrations when needed, instead of checking a whole device..

I know its hard to fathom, but i don't own a cell phone, nor have i any interest in the 'phone' portion of it. I am barely tolerating the idea of owning an android device for JUST this task.  I had a smart watch and returned it, as they are freaking DUMB! I mean shit, its just a remote screen while you have to own yet a REAL phone to make it do anything. No way im bothering with 2 bullshit devices for this one task. I rely on my wheel beeps for alarms, the 'phone' will be velcrod to the wheel for log tracking and review, not much need for analysis during a ride. I prefer to forget i have a device on the wheel at all, so i can just ride baby ride.  I'll opt for the cheapest and smallest battery, as Im pretty sure ANY will outlast the battery on my wheel. SO far Im nearing $200 in, just to take advantage of a small portion of sebas app.  Thanks again for the suggestions. Shit, gotta go, I think i hear black helicopters approaching....:ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Shit, gotta go, I think i hear black helicopters approaching....:ph34r:

ahahaah that was epic!

Anyway, it's strange that you don't own a phone!? but i respect your choice!

For me the Pebble Time watch is a companion, it connects to EUC world, i have standard notifications forwarded into it from my phone, and that is it, no fitness tracking no nothing.

With only watch use it lasts about ~4 days, with wheel use well maybe more than a day. With the TicWatch Pro it didn't last 5 hours :P smartwatches are still dumb! :D 

But wtf, Pebble is like 5 years old and still works as expected!!!

If you only want it for the wheel why not getting something like Lemfo Lem T that is a full android phone/watch that runs EUC world?

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_3008066286648370.html

• Like 2

omfg that looks REALLY freaking trick! I dont patron gearbest, but i see they are other places. Of course, now you're doubling the cost of a motorolla. No usb port charging seems great, as i hated the micro usb on the homtom POS. . I wonder if anyone is having any luck with these? I recall seeing someone with somethng like this on their wrists in the massive eucw thread.  I sometimes wear flexmeters and im sure it could mount as easily as a phone. Hell, its worth the extra $$ to be able to still not have a 'phone'. Thanks man, now I have to watch a ton of vids on this crap. Fwiw, it wasnt black helicopters, just the neighbor on the hill, attending to his still.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

android 'wear' os is the one that is fairly useless as standalone aint it? I am now in WAY over my head. This could take a few days. I like the format of the smaller 2" round watches, but i have NO idea if its even useable in size. Amazefit stratos looks trick too.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Giving the Lemfo Lemt a shot, I'll let you know how goes. Android 7.1 (non replaceable wirst bands.. velcro ftw!) Ratio of success for shit like this with me is about 20/80 hate it. lol

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Where ShanesPlanet lives and where I live not only don't we like cell phones, the cell phone companies don't like us! I have to run a pico cell network extender VPN over satellite internet to get anything. Closest real tower is 42km away with two mountain ridges in between. Not enough people to make the business case for a tower. Good news is there's not enough people to make the business case and I can ride all day and never see any traffic...