Wheel well lighting

AtlasP

So of all the lighting mods I've seen, my favorite is one of the simplest ideas--lights inside the wheel well that shine down along the wheel. They just make it look like you're riding/floating on a cushion of light itself.

My question is: what's the best way to do this in a safe way? (Between dealing with potential water, and also wanting to make 1000% sure it's not going to come lose and wrap around the axle and cause a crash, etc.) Are there pre-made all-in-one LED strips + self-contained power solutions that are waterproof? Or can you safely tap into wheel power somehow to do this? (Given the waterproofing challenges, I'm guessing it might be easier/safer to just keep them separate electrically?) Thoughts on how to fasten it inside that would be secure without undermining the EUC's existing structure/waterproofing? Etc..

Would appreciate any leads on doing this that should work for a 100v Nikola (preferably with links to actual products/components, not just in abstract).

Edited by AtlasP

But I've seen it and it looks *so cool*.

:-/

Honestly if the lights are cheap enough I wouldn't even mind if they fail due to water, as long as they fail in a graceful way/don't go up in smoke. I just don't want to compromise the safety of the wheel.

• Like 1