Amazon buying

Paulandjacquelyn

I bought my NBe+ from Amazon inventory here in US.  They offer two day free ship and an excellent return possibility.

It looks like they are getting more models and brands now that they ship.   IPS Lhotz just showed up as available 2 day ship!

If the P shows up......;)  By the way, only 2 each of the white and black IPS LHoltz so get it quickly if you want!  They are out of NBE+ for

the free 2 day ship (prime membership).

1 hour ago, Fuerte said:

When I talked to ninebotus they said that no one on Amazon is an authorized dealer and as such ninebot will not honor warranties, so buyer beware?

Amazon will take back usually no problem  .  I am certain that US laws protect from this sort of thing and Amazon holds sellers responsible.  Basically Amazon will take back then credit account of dealer...then dealer is forced to deal with product.

Because thats how a correct distributors network should work.

When you buy a Car and its flawed, the manufacturer is held responsible. The Seller usually fixes all warranty issues and then gets reimbursed by the manufacturer if they are official resellers.

No you are completely and utterly wrong. yes what you have said kind of makes sense but  If you buy a car from the dealership in your town, your warranty is with the dealership, it is their responibility to fix the problem and if required liase with the manufacturer where appropriate so what i said stands, your warranty is through the amazon seller, not through the manufacturer. YOUR WARRANTY IS WITH THE COMPANY YOU BUY THE PRODUCT FROM. Some products are provided with a manufacturers gurantee in which case yes, the warranty is through the manufacturer but, your port of call is still the retailer generally.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

Good discussion,

I bring it up because in the US all repairs are sent to one place and that is Ninebotus and they handle all of the warranty work. I am not sure how that would work if you bought from Joe Blow on Amazon and something happens. I guess in theory, Joe would have to fix it and how he fixes it is up to him. Going back to the car discussion, my local dealer handles the warranty repairs, but it is the company that is paying for it, not the dealer. Once it is out of warranty, then I pay the dealer and if they don't fix it, it is up to them to make it right. So, if Ninebotus says that amazon is not an authorized retailer, then one would have to pursue the seller to get something fixed and not go directly through Ninebotus...my .02 cents, would be to always go through an authorized retailer so warranty work is not a problem and it is just handled. If I was only paying $350 for a cheap generic, then not a big deal, but for a $1300 P, I would want to have the full warranty support. I think that these things are still so new, everyone is still working it out. Also, it very much might be different in Europe, so I can only speak for the United States. 

I do agree that Amazon will cover you initially if there is a problem when new, but once you put some mileage on the unit, Amazon will probably not help very much in a dispute as everything worked when shipped. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out in the future. 

Amazon is a customer service bully in regards to their vendors.  They will take back and make vendor eat cost.  All product usually has a "do not return to store of purchase" disclaimer........trust me we do not listen to that stuff here in US lol.

If a vendor wants to continue doing business with Amazon (they usually do :) they work with Amazon.   Again....i return to Amazon...Amazon says to vendor "take this we've deducted sale from your account".  Vendor is left to deal with waranty.

Consumer protection in US is very strong....in California even more so.   

You are probably correct, I think that everything needs to get more flushed out on the topic of warranties and such. Either way, I am going to get it directly from ninebotus, 'cause that is how I roll! :-) I prefer to not have to deal with any potential problems, although we will see if any problems are avoided by going this direction.

Archived