Swap MTen3 for MCM5?

Recently received the MTen3 325/84v and enjoy it but keep thinking that I should have gone with the MCM5, I'm not much into slow speed acrobatics (not that I could do them anyways) and it just seems so flighty and twitchy for me, I do however like riding it around my yard which is pretty smooth but does have some small rises that give me constant beeps, even at slow speeds, at 210 lbs, I'm no lightweight so I'm thinking the MCM5 will have the extra squirt needed haul me up these hills.  Also, I have the 16x which I love but I'd like to split the difference between the MTen and the 16x, the MCM seems like a good option?

• Like 1

You are on the EXACT same path that I took (except I weight 155).  I bought MTen3 (top model though) + 16X, then wanted to split the difference.  So I also bought MCM5 and TeslaV2.  In process of selling 16X now, and selling MTen3 next.

MCM5 => waaay more useful than MTen3, doesn't tramline like MTen3, very spunky in the acceleration dept.

Tesla => Wonderfully natural and balanced wheel, the 16" tire is a step up over the MCM5 for general usage, but it loses some spunk the MCM5 has.  I ripped the pads off my Tesla, couldn't stand them at all.

The MCM5 is very dear to me, but the Telsa is a more boring but smoother/natural ride, bigger tire.  It would kill me to pick only one.  That MCM5 is something else, it makes you smile.

(I am more of a short urban commuter, not a long dusty trail rider, so far.)

Edited by xorbe

2 hours ago, xorbe said:

You are on the EXACT same path that I took (except I weight 155).  I bought MTen3 (top model though) + 16X, then wanted to split the difference.  So I also bought MCM5 and TeslaV2.  In process of selling 16X now, and selling MTen3 next.

MCM5 => waaay more useful than MTen3, doesn't tramline like MTen3, very spunky in the acceleration dept.

Tesla => Wonderfully natural and balanced wheel, the 16" tire is a step up over the MCM5 for general usage, but it loses some spunk the MCM5 has.  I ripped the pads off my Tesla, couldn't stand them at all.

The MCM5 is very dear to me, but the Telsa is a more boring but smoother/natural ride, bigger tire.  It would kill me to pick only one.  That MCM5 is something else, it makes you smile.

Ahh, thank you for that, it really puts things in perspective for me!  I like the 16x but it's not what I call a fun wheel, I'm going to give it a little more time before I decide what I'm going to do with it, I'm hoping that as my skills increase, I will be able to utilize it's added performance, I do know that I struggle to get it to climb my long steep driveway but that's another discussion.

I've actually been looking at the Tesla too and have had thoughts on that one, maybe someday soon but I think I'm going to go ahead with the MCM for now and re-assess once it arrives and I get a chance to see how I like it.  Thanks so much for the insight!! 

Edited by RetroThruster