Ks16x bearings

Humsuplow

Hi guys,  giving my wheel an overhaul. After removing the wheel motor cover, I realized one of the sealed bearings is stuck to the axcel.  Can this be removed? Tried prying it off but no joy. 

https://youtu.be/fCUfKgILvHk

37 minutes ago, Humsuplow said:

Hi guys,  giving my wheel an overhaul. After removing the wheel motor cover, I realized one of the sealed bearings is stuck to the axcel.  Can this be removed? Tried prying it off but no joy. 

https://youtu.be/fCUfKgILvHk

Hi,

Here your youtube link again "embedded" in the post:

The "inner part" (axle, coils) is (has to be) loose in regard to the "outer part" (rim, permanent magnets). As the outer part has to rotate around the inner part!

The inner part is held in place by the two side covers (over the bearings and the axle).

I have no personal experience with motor teardowns, but from reports here i remember that it was recomended to only remove one side cover at once. Otherwise the coils stick on one side to the permanent magnets and it shall be ?quite tricky? to center the inner part again without touching the outer part! (Afair with many thin plastic cards...)

Regarding the bearings:

Try to avoid putting sideway forces (in direction of the axle) on the outer ring of the bearing - afaik that's something they don't like too much.

Your bearing seems to have a nice  "press fitting" - maybe also "fixed" a bit by corrosion? And maybe a bit "?braced/canted?"

Imho the tool you are looking for is a "bearing puller"

Ps.: By the way - why do you want to remove the bearing? Beside the chance to destroy the bearing while pulling it off, destroying a new bearing when forcing it on the axle again - the axle itself is seated in the inner motor part with a "press fit" too (!imho!). And one does not really want to loosen the axle!