what is the right one for me?

David_B

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an electric unicycle, The purpose of it will be for riding to work and back on a daily bases, it's 5 kilometer per direction, the plan of-course is to ride it on curbs and such,I'm 35 y/o and 95 kilos, i was thinking about  the ninebot-e with the handle, like the classic Segway,and then i was thinking about the airwheel s3 or maybe to go with ninbot one or airwheel x3, so confused :)  can you guys help me decide?  the ninebot one ot airwheel and such.. it will be ok as well or a lot less comfortable for my riding purpose? i will really appreciate your help,
David

The distance needs you have are small, so as Chris said almost any wheel will do the job.

So the question comes down to your budget, plus how passionate you actually are about this as a hobby outside your brief commute.

If you are passionate, you want the best wheel you can afford, because that will turn out to be cheaper than buying a cheap wheel, and then getting the 'bug' and handing over more money in the future for a better one.

Out of the ones you suggested, the Ninebot One (it comes in c, e, e+ and p models depending on speed and range) is the best. Some people describe it as the 'iPhone' of the euc world (which can be a compliment or an insult!).

Another priority however for you should be choosing a manufacturer that you have easy access to for customer support, servicing, parts etc should something go wrong.

Agree with @paddylaz if you rely on the wheel for commuting you want to be able to service it quickly if something breaks, it sucks if you have to take the train or be stuck in traffic again for weeks until your small needed part is sent from china. It would be good if you check if and how fast your intended seller can provide you with spare parts.

If you decide on a Ninebot E+ specifically request for a N20***  Serial, it seems a lot of old stock E+ with a N10 serialnumber are still floating around. While they are not bad per se, they perform slightly less than N20 models so you should not need to pay full price for these.

Archived