Deleted

PLEASE_DELETE

The KS-18S has been around for a while so it isn't talked about as much any more.  It is TALL, so it takes a bit to get used to if you are more familiar with the shorter EUCs, but not that bad once you get used to it.  It is harder to make those tighter turns that you can easily do with smaller EUCs, but I find it more stable in many cases and easier to lock my legs into it when needed, especially for accelerating and braking.  It is definitely not as nimble as most other EUCs.

I have not ridden the V10 before, but the big spec advantages of the KS-18S over the V10 that I see are:

• Of course battery at 1680wh
  • 18inch Wheel
  • Up to 31MPH speed under optimum conditions
  • Seat option, which sits much higher than other EUCs.

I also like the sound of the 4 bluetooth speakers better on the KS-18S than the newer King Song EUCs.  Seems to have more bass and play louder... but that is a personal preference.

I think the main disadvantage (besides the 1500W motor vs the 2000W motor on the V10), especially if you are tall is that it does not have a retractable handle.  It is integrated.  So it isn't the best if you plan on walking with it for extended bits of time.

The KS18S is a full on long distance and commuting (not last mile) EUC.  If that is what you do, it would be great.

I'm not sure the dimensions of the back floorboard area of a Chevy Sonic, but when I put any of my EUCs in the back floorboard area of my vehicles, I will often put the frontseat forward to make it easier.  With the size and weight of the KS18S, it may be cumbersome at first getting it in and out, at least until you get used to doing it.

If you are interested..  We have New Years discounts that you can take advantage of at https://www.zoomwheelz.com .  The discounts are not going to last much longer.

We have 1 black 1680 WH KS-18S left in stock which has a 10% discount (2020NEWYEAR10), or you can do a special order with a 5% discount (2020NEWYEAR5):

https://www.zoomwheelz.com/electric-unicycles/king-song-ks-18s-1.html

Edited by ZoomWheelz
  • Like 2

The peculiar form factor seemed to limit its appeal. Also reportedly the shell does seem to be a bit weak for sitting on, despite the shape inviting it. But I think there's a foam seat for it.

It's a very fine wheel otherwise, and people who bought it never complained about anything. So if you like the form factor and the price is right... why not!

As you mention looking for a large battery, here's a list of wheels sorted by range/battery size.

• Like 2

You should mostly ignore motor W numbers, they are surprisingly meaningless. The 18S is 67.2V, this alone would make the same motor a ~1900W motor if used with a 84V wheel, going by some manufacturer math. What matters is real world oomph, and you need to hear real world experiences for that.

The 18S and 18XL are completely different wheels. The 18S is Kingsongs older 18 inch model which they "replaced" with the newer 18L/18XL.

If you meant 18L vs. 18XL, the only notable difference should be battery size and weight.

18S pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=kingsong+18s&tbm=isch

18L/18XL pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=kingsong+18xl&tbm=isch

Yes... as @meepmeepmayer alluded to, there are significant differences between the 2 electric unicycles, dimensionally.  The KS-18XL is essentially a KS-18L with an upgraded battery and a similar shape as the smaller brother KS-16S.

The KS-18S is like a Gotway Monster-Lite.  Not the best example, but probably closer to the monster than an 18XL... Or at least, directly in-between size-wise.  The KS-18S is slightly taller than the Gotway Monster by almost an inch, albeit, nowhere close to the same in length.

Dimensionally, the KS-18XL is approximately 19.5" x 7" x 23.25" (LxWxH) after metric conversions and roundings.  The KS-18S is approximately 18.3" x 7.5" x 26.75".  The 18S is about 3.5" taller.  The foot pedal height on the KS-18S is also a little over an inch lower than the KS18XL, making the KS18S come up even higher on your legs.  The top of the KS-18S is slightly concave, which makes it easy to lock you legs (and knees, depending on your height) in when needed.  The KS-18L/XL are slightly convex/rounded, and with the higher foot pedals will not come anywhere close to your knees and it is not as easy to "grab" tight with your legs when you want to.

• Like 1

I think the KS18XL is a great choice.  It probably offers the most flexibility, especially if you like to run errands and go into stores with your electric unicycle, ride in congested areas, or need more maneuverability.  I still like the stability/leg grip and seating of the KS18S a lot though.  I don't have the best knees, so I can only squat down so far.  it is much easier on the KS18S for those long hauls.

Our New Years discount code "2020NEWYEAR5" also works for the KS18XL bringing the price around $1872 to $1957, depending on color and pedal options.:

https://www.zoomwheelz.com/electric-unicycles/king-song-ks-18xl.html

Hi /Dev/Null:   KS-18S is my 2nd EUC.  Maneuvering while standing is easier than sitting. The trolley handle is not necessary. You can easily walk and move the EUC with your hand placed on the seat or handle without the seat. The KS-18S shell is very strong.  I am 170 lb. and with backpack 20 lb. is very supportive of my total weight. There is no issue even going over big bump on the street.
I participated in the L.A. EUC Games 2019 Freestyle performance using KS-18S. Experience EUC riders have commented that it was heavy, and not maneuverable, but not quite true.
You can see my re-enacted Freestyle performance "Singin' in the Rain" with the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzEmZy4Pba_gbFePyeDpWzYED5YvApoc/view?usp=sharing

Being heavier, the KS-18S is very stable, and I could even do simple tap dance on the pedal. On the upcoming L.A. EUC Games 2020, I will do a performance sitting down.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

This wheel is reported to go over 30mph but only after 1000 km of use. Yeah one thousand kilometers! 600+ miles. Does anyone know thus to be true and furthermore, are there any other kingsong wheels that have the same type of unlocking of a topspeed? Such as the 16s, because when I first got my 16s the app allowed me to set the top speed alarm at 50kmh (which is what I believe the 18s unlocks to after 1000km ) but then after a firmware upgrade I noticed I am now limited to 35kmh(21.7mph) I am not sure what my total distance on this wheel is but it's possible it could still be less than 1000km and I'm wondering if I will be able to unlock to 50kmh again once it reaches that 1000km mark? (also I should mention that it was a selling point in why I purchased that particular wheel was it claimed a 28+mph top speed) I know the wheel is capable of going that fast since it  does have a 1200w motor and only weighs 37lbs.. i dont thonk i ever rode it that fast but before that firmware upgrade i never got warning beeps or tilt backs and now i constantly get them. i should also mention that I had bought an S18 which became my primary wheel and where I gained most of my skill so I was still quite a beginner when i went from the 16s to S18 but now my S18 is out of commission and im back on 16s for now and this 35kmh top speed is quite annoying becsuse my comfortable riding speed is around 40kmh . Anyhow any insight on this 1000km top speed unlock feature and if it's exclusive only to the 18s or if there are other 67.2v wheels capable of unlocking a 50kmh top speed, would be nice.

Edited by finlotek
Mis spelled words and typos and a couple grammar fixes that sounded better after I had read it
  • Like 1