(1.2.7) Ninebot One E+ appeared dead after I was going down multiple stairs and it fell

fearedbliss

So I've been running version 1.2.2 for many months on my N1E+ (and a total of about 400+ miles on that version) when a few days ago I decided to update to 1.2.7 since @vido (Friend who I ride with) updated and no shut offs have happened for him. Also, a lot of people on the forum seem to have updated to 1.2.7 and no one reported shut offs. I ended up riding back home that night and everything went well, and also I rode back to my parents house the next day and things went fine. Then later in the day I decided to go for a ride and I decided to practice going down some steps (Long steps that lead to a shore where people can walk on - not a sand-/beach shore but just a promenade). As I was going the steps I knew I was going to fall due to the height of the step and the distance between that step and the next step. So I let the bot go and it fell on its side. After that I picked it back up and attempted again, which I ended up hopping off the bot as well (which made it fall on its side again). This time when I went to pick up the bot, I noticed it was turned off. I pressed the power button, and nothing. The bot was completely dead. After attempting many times to "shock" it back into place (Via multiple kind to terrifying methods :ph34r:) I decided to call it quits and declare the bot dead. I wanted to reconnect the battery but I didn't have a flat head screwdriver (or let alone any screwdrivers) to open it. I ended up having to carry the bot back quite a bit of distance (Primarily many avenues and stairs to get back up to street level, very tiring) to my parent's house. 

Once I returned home, I decided to try and plug it back into the outlet to see if it would even charge (By the way, due note, I always charge the bot to 100% battery, so the battery was full - the shut off was not related to the battery dying). The reason I decided to do this was because I remember that the bot's that people had on 1.2.6 would shut off and would not turn on - and not even charge. Once I plugged it into the outlet, I noticed the light turned red and it started charging.. which I thought was weird. I then pressed the power button and the bot turned right back up and everything was working again. Phone app displayed 100% battery, mileage, temperature.. I could ride it around the hallway in my house, no prob.

It was a major coincidence that my upgrade to 1.2.7 and this shut off that never happened before happened.. I've trained going down steps before and even with the bot falling, it never ended up just shutting down and not turning back up. I most likely was just a one off of the shock from the drop (but it wasn't even that much compared to previous training stair attempts on 1.2.2), but I'm wondering if something changed in 1.2.7 where the sensitivity for when the bot decides to shut off to the point where you need to "shock" it back to life by connecting it to the outlet (or maybe reconnecting battery) is required.

After this 1.2.7 upgrade/shut off, the bot feels mostly normal but it does feel like the side to side balance is more "dead" or "loose" in the sense that it requires more balancing on my part so that it doesn't fall on its side.. but it might just be psychological since it basically works fine.

Anyways, I wanted to report on this interesting experience. I have more than 10 miles on 1.2.7 and it seems fine. Sometimes the aggressiveness seems more than 1.2.2, but sometimes it seems less (Like maybe the first stages of tilt back have been reduced but the last tilt back might be equal to or higher than before). Another thing I noticed was that with the new Ninedroid 3 app, on version 1.2.2, I don't seem to remember it displaying the "Mileage Remaning" next, but with 1.2.7 it now displays that.

I have around 265 miles with 1.2.7 with no unexpected shutdowns-- in fact, no shutdowns of any kind, really. sorry this happened! Prolly bunked something up in there from jumping down all those steps :P.

I am still on 1.2.2 firmware. To avoid 9bot falling I am still using rope to keep it vertical whenever possible (lets call it leash). I already rode about 170km and my 9bot have fallen only twice. Today some guy asked me if I have to pull constantly for the rope to ride faster so it is funny sometimes :)

Good it is still working. Thanks for sharing information, I will stay by 1.2.2 then - just in case.

1 hour ago, Rafał said:

Today some guy asked me if I have to pull constantly for the rope to ride faster so it is funny sometimes :)

You should've told him it's a dog leash and your puppy is inside powering the wheel like in a hamster's cage

Archived