Upgrading a V2 Monster to V3

I bought a V2 Monster just before the V3 was announced and have been regretting my timing ever since, but I recently saw a "Monster Upgrade Set" on Aliexpress claiming it has all the parts needed to upgrade a V2 Monster to V3, so I ordered it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000027680739.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.49f24c4ddmSGEm

Firstly I must say the differences between the V2 and V3 are significant and overall I was very impressed with the quality of the V3. However, once I had the majority of the wheel back together and went to secure my V2 board I was surprised to discover the board just simply didn't fit:

20191124_173156.thumb.jpg.31796ecba32c9255ba5b60f378b974c6.jpg

In particular the fans mounted above that "Monster" block simply do not leave space for the board fit where it should.

Are the V3 boards meant to be smaller than the V2 boards? Note, the circuit board itself would fit fine, it more the aluminium heatsink/backing plate that is causing the issue.

Furthermore, upon closer inspection of the sellers photos it appears the shell photographed doesn't appear to have those fans there at all:

HTB1y.xCbXY7gK0jSZKzq6yikpXaw.thumb.jpg.1b56042063f8db7e71db2b5ca74281cd.jpg

Are these fans standard? They seem glued/siliconed in there pretty hard and I can't really see anywhere else to locate them.

Anyone know what I can do?

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Anyone know what I can do?

Just an idea from your photos: maybe you can remove the fans, mount the motherboard (with the heatsink!) and the remount the fans again above the aluminium heatsink?

... If there is space enough to close the rest of the casing afterwards...

2 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Just an idea from your photos: maybe you can remove the fans, mount the motherboard (with the heatsink!) and the remount the fans again above the aluminium heatsink?

... If there is space enough to close the rest of the casing afterwards...

That's an idea.

The fans seem glues in there fairly secuerly and I'm reluctant to remove them That might work...

By the way, does anyone know if these fans are standard?

I had a closer look at them just now and they appear to be housed in a 3D printed bracket. It's a solid looking bracket but given everything else appears to be injection molded I'm wondering if these fans are non-standard. I'd feel a lot better about pulling them out if they were.