TESLA V2 Wont Turn Off

TMoats

So getting home tonight after my usual 5 mile commute from work, I lean down to turn off my Tesla, when the headlight turns off(with me doing nothing yet) and when holding the on/off switch, it does nothing. Side lights stay on, and one other peculiar thing is that the wheel isn't freely moving. It's stalled in a way. Started taking the side panels to disconnect batteries to further disassemble assuming some wiring has just disconnected but wanted to double check on here to see what others may recommend before continuing...

If it has a motor cutoff switch, check that first. Make sure it isn't stuck and nothing is shorting the cable for it (mimicking a button press/hold) and unplug it from the control board if you have to. Then try turning it off again. 

Edited by Arbolest
  • Like 1

Interesting... Did you isolate that wire so that it couldn't accidentally come into contact with the switch solder pad again (or even the other wire)? Did you completely unplug the cable from the control board? If so, make sure there is no debris in the port for the connector that could be shorting it.

Other than that, I would say yes, go ahead and disconnect the main battery connector to the control board. 

• Like 1

No, but now thinking about it, probably a good idea lol. Anyway, disconnected the batteries to force shutdown and it restarts with no issue and able to turn off again with no issue, so whatever it is, it can be bypassed. Hopefully it doesnt happen again or ill really need to open her up again to isolate that wire, yeesh. Anyway, thanks for the input @Arbolest

• Like 1