New wheel?

Ridefast51

I'm looking at the super ride/uno bolt, and found an what I suspect is older model with a tire treaded like a car.  (Also it is gloss black with a black seat.) The tire appears harder from pics; and at first sight it looks much flatter but I'm thinking it's rounded a little . If I had one of these I would be riding very high mileage in straight lines on level ground so it might help if the tire is not too flat treaded for high speed wobble  which I don't think it will be because like I said the edges do appear to be slightly rounded . Also for other occasions i like the idea of possibly being able to ride even slower and stand still better.  This makes it appear a self leveling machine which makes it close to legal by present statutes. Only difference being in states two non-tandem wheels for self balancing machines. 

Does anybody know the difference in ride quality and how much I could expect?  If turning is truly tiresome or uneasy that could be very annoying im sure. Newer tire looks perfect on there.  And frankly I'm only looking to save about $150 So far from a good deal I found on a newer one.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridefast51 said:

I'm looking at the super ride/uno bolt, and found an what I suspect is older model with a tire treaded like a car.  (Also it is gloss black with a black seat.) The tire appears harder from pics; and at first sight it looks much flatter but I'm thinking it's rounded a little . If I had one of these I would be riding very high mileage in straight lines on level ground so it might help if the tire is not too flat treaded for high speed wobble  which I don't think it will be because like I said the edges do appear to be slightly rounded . Also for other occasions i like the idea of possibly being able to ride even slower and stand still better.  This makes it appear a self leveling machine which makes it close to legal by present statutes. Only difference being in states two non-tandem wheels for self balancing machines. 

Does anybody know the difference in ride quality and how much I could expect?  If turning is truly tiresome or uneasy that could be very annoying im sure. Newer tire looks perfect on there.  And frankly I'm only looking to save about $150 So far from a good deal I found on a newer one.   

Welcome. Buying an Electric unicycle is one of the best decisions I have made in years. They bring lost or fun and usefulness. And some danger.

Respectfully and I can’t speak for evenyone else. 

The uno bolt seems kinda dated and lacks the performance of the the newer wheels. The Uno Bolt has a 264wh battery while the average power on newer wheels is between 800wh and 2,400wh. I view it as more of a kid’s toy. People tend to read the info on the Uno and actually think that it will go 25miles at 22MPH. ( it might do that in vacuum without a rider) 

before you buy look into 

Kingsong, Gotway and ....... even Inmotion or Ninebot.    

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 3