18L Beeping while charging

Circuitmage

I didn't see another reference to this after search, so here it is.

While charging my wheel, after about 2 hrs, I happened to walk in the room and noticed it was beeping...2 or 3 times. It sounded a bit like BT connecting, but I checked my phone and I did not have BT on.
I don't recall noticing this before.

I happened to use the bottom charge port, not thinking it matters, but most of the time I use the top port. Also, I was charging this at work in a heavily populated wireless environment, so I'm now thinking maybe someone was trying to connect to my wheel while it was charging.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should experiment and see if I can reproduce it...have someone try and connect while I am charging.

Edited by Circuitmage

My 18L does this sometimes, when I charge it at work. It beeps shortly every two seconds. It never does this, when I charge it at home, and I already broke two chargers of Inmotion V5F, so I believe it indicates some electricity problem. Would be nice, If anyone could confirm. Since this "theory" of mine, I never charge at work.

• 10 months later...

Just got my new 18L and started to have exactly the same issue with it beeping randomly while charging. What I’ve noticed is that the beeps stop if you close whatever app you’re using with the wheel. Mine was darknessbot. The thing is even when the wheel is charging it still kinda powered on so BT connectivity seems to be the cause for beeps. 

• Like 1