403 error - chinese ip

Hi fellow riders...

I just want to bring it to your attention that I think cloudfront is blocking chinese ip's from using this site. It's been going on for about one week.

Considering all our wheels are made there you might not wanna block all the manufacturers and the die hard users.

I'm not chinese but I live in china. I use vpn's to get around it but most chinese don't have that option.

/a

Edited by alcatraz

47 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Hi fellow riders...

I just want to bring it to your attention that I think cloudfront is blocking chinese ip's from using this site. It's been going on for about one week.

That would be really bad.

But we had one of the manufacturer representatived "visiting" this site from a shenzen ip last tuesday this week.

Maybe this is not true for whole china, but some regions/providers?

Afai understand amazon has a own system/network/company structure for china, which is not directly interconnected with the rest of the world there could be regional differences. Or they are just in the process of changing something? Or "normal" quirks/hickups in some sub networks?

47 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Considering all our wheels are made there you might not wanna block all the manufacturers and the die hard users.

Imo not much we could change. Migrating the forum server to another provider is most likely too much of a hazle and not really feasable. And no guarantee that there will be better connectivity from china?

From a quick google scan i also found that aws ?often? seems to shows 403 instead of other http errors (?the real reason?) - but i am absolutely not anyhow experienced in this topic...

3 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Chinese telecom (cellular)

Burger king wifi

Great wall isp

- all are still blocked from access to this site. That's 3 for 3. 100%.

I'll update the list as I get a chance.

I am very sorry, but i think there is nothing we can do from outside the "great wall". If we get not tips from someone experiencened, if there are pissible tipps :(

ps.: Other chinese memberdĀ  were logged in here inbetween - so it seems to be a regional chinese problem?

Edited by Chriull