New Member & looking to buy my first EU

Hank

Hello, really good forum - I very much appreciate the knowledge and courteous discussions.

I live in the US and plan on buying my first EU very soon.

The main application will be riding around the pit area of the race tracks where I ride my motorcycle.  They are large expanses of pavement and it can get hot & humid, especially while wearing full leathers, with a tire cart in tow.  Generally, people use pit bikes (small 50 or 80 cc motorcycles), bicycles, skate boards, or walk to get around.  

I will also be using it for fun and perhaps running errands locally... OK, let's be honest, for fun!!!  So being agile yet stable and able to ride over some rough ground and perhaps grass would be a positive attribute.

I am looking at 14" or 16" and of course, the longer the battery life the better - also, looking for long term use and value over saving a few $$$ in the short run.  I hope to 'buy and keep for a while' vs. upgrading often.

I have spent a lot of time researching the various brands and models out there and have narrowed my purchase decision to be among:

*  King Song 14" 800W 680Wh

*  King Song 16' (when it comes out)  Really leaning towards this from what I've read about KS and the pictures of the new 16"

*  Ninebot E+

So thanks again for providing this forum and the excellent information everyone contributes.  I look forward to continued learning about EUs and recommendations on distributors here in the US.

Your insights, recommendations, and comments are greatly appreciated!

All the wheels you've mentioned there are great. If you're flexible on price the priority for you then should come down to looks/aesthetics, and whether there is a US distributor/seller for your choice that you can turn to, should you need replacement parts/servicing etc.

i have an NBE+. Probably also worth noting that if you're willing to wait a few weeks, the new Ninebot one P is coming out, which is pricey but will have a higher top speed and range. 

But certainly you can't go wrong with any of the ones you shortlisted there.

PS. Also, I've never ridden a 14inch euc before but from what others say on the forum, it's advantage is increased manoeuvrebility, however it's disadvantage is less stability over uneven ground/potholes/off road etc etc. 

Hello, really good forum - I very much appreciate the knowledge and courteous discussions.

I live in the US and plan on buying my first EU very soon.

The main application will be riding around the pit area of the race tracks where I ride my motorcycle.  They are large expanses of pavement and it can get hot & humid, especially while wearing full leathers, with a tire cart in tow.  Generally, people use pit bikes (small 50 or 80 cc motorcycles), bicycles, skate boards, or walk to get around.  

I will also be using it for fun and perhaps running errands locally... OK, let's be honest, for fun!!!  So being agile yet stable and able to ride over some rough ground and perhaps grass would be a positive attribute.

I am looking at 14" or 16" and of course, the longer the battery life the better - also, looking for long term use and value over saving a few $$$ in the short run.  I hope to 'buy and keep for a while' vs. upgrading often.

I have spent a lot of time researching the various brands and models out there and have narrowed my purchase decision to be among:

*  King Song 14" 800W 680Wh

*  King Song 16' (when it comes out)  Really leaning towards this from what I've read about KS and the pictures of the new 16"

*  Ninebot E+

So thanks again for providing this forum and the excellent information everyone contributes.  I look forward to continued learning about EUs and recommendations on distributors here in the US.

Your insights, recommendations, and comments are greatly appreciated!

Hi Hank,

Have you considered Gotway MSuper2? If you're looking for the fastest and most powerful wheel, you should give it a consideration. I also sent you a PM. Good luck on your new wheel search!

John

Hi Hank,

Have you considered Gotway MSuper2? If you're looking for the fastest and most powerful wheel, you should give it a consideration. I also sent you a PM. Good luck on your new wheel search!

John

I'll check it out - thanks!

All wheels mentioned here are solid performers. I will mention that Ninebot ride quality is firmer, but I'm told the KS800W offers substantially more power and speed (perhaps less so for Ninebot P when it comes out).

And to throw out another option, IPS Lhotz is a very solid, stable wheel with wide tire and firm ride. I like to take it 'off road', i.e. nature/hiking trails. The downsides are style (personal preference) and portability (it's large and heavy) if these are concerns for you.

Archived