Orthotic Shoe Insoles and EUC pedals

Yellowman

Hello,

I have been complaining about pain in the foot while riding the EUC. The pain sets in 2-3 minutes after I start the ride and persists for a while. It takes me an hour or so to stop feeling the pain.

I wear orthotic shoe insoles and one day I decided to remove them and try to ride w/o them: instant relief and no more pain in the foot.

Do you have similar experience?

What kind of shoe do you recommend for riding?

Birkenstock has built-in insoles for instance, I would imagine they cannot be comfortable for riding an EUC?

That's interesting, I have the same issue but no orthotic soles in my shoes.  I can usually ride for about an hour before I feel pain, then at the 1.5 hour mark my feet will literally fall asleep.

Hoping that continuing use of the EUC will get me accustomed to it.  It's quite painful.

One thing that helped was positioning my feet more forward on the pedals, rather than centered on the wheel, so that my natural upright stance causes the wheel to move forward.  This makes it so the only time you are manipulating your weight is when you want to stop or go really fast (neither of which happen as often as moving forward at a normal speed).

21 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

One thing that helped was positioning my feet more forward on the pedals, rather than centered on the wheel, so that my natural upright stance causes the wheel to move forward.

Funny, that's my style too.

21 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

Hoping that continuing use of the EUC will get me accustomed to it.  It's quite painful.

I started doing endurance rides and I am able to up even longer w/o considerable pain as I practice more and more.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, Yellowman said:

Hello,

I have been complaining about pain in the foot while riding the EUC. The pain sets in 2-3 minutes after I start the ride and persists for a while. It takes me an hour or so to stop feeling the pain.

I wear orthotic shoe insoles and one day I decided to remove them and try to ride w/o them: instant relief and no more pain in the foot.

Do you have similar experience?

What kind of shoe do you recommend for riding?

Birkenstock has built-in insoles for instance, I would imagine they cannot be comfortable for riding an EUC?

One hour of pain after 2 minutes of riding? That’s extreme.

I tried insoles but they ended up hurting more than using no-support, soft soled running shoes.

10 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

One hour of pain after 2 minutes of riding? That’s extreme.

Yeah, because of the insoles. Now without them, I can go up to an hour before needing a minute of regular walking to reset my foot.

Amazing discovery for me. I was almost giving up on riding because it was more pain than fun.