Jumping: Kuji Pads + v8 + inmotion cover

Blueblade

So i have been wondering about jumping up curbs and similar obstacles. It seemed unlikely I could jump up and have my 30lb glide 3/v8 lift off the ground with me- more like my legs sliding up the wheel while it remains grounded it, with its slender, slippery shell.

Then I watched the @Kuji Rolls youtube video where he describes making "Kuji pads" and that makes a lot more sense.

I invested in the inmotion cover to protect my wheel from scratching and also for shin comfort, and would like to continue doing so. Obviously the pads wont reliably stick to the outside of that fabric cover, but not too sure about the putting pads on underneath either, either making  ineffective lumps under the cover or it not fitting on or poorly afterwards.  Before futzing with it I was wondering if anyone have any experience in this regard?

Maybe its not even a good idea at all, my ~235lbs putting all that strain on those thin looking pedals.  It would just be a LOT more convenient to not have to stop and pick up the wheel every time there isn't a smooth ramp up something. Also would be useful on trails where there's a root across the trail or and abrupt rock/ edge too.

I had removed the original cover after 2 days and never used it again, because all the dirt from offroad driving had collected under it and still everything was scratched.

I've accepted that the beautiful surface can't stay beautiful for long if you want to really drive the V8 off-road.

I then decided on the original pads, even if that didn't help with jumping. But now the V8 feels much better between the legs and is better/safer to steer.

https://www.amazon.de/INMOTION-Original-Schutzpads-Balance-Schutzpolster/dp/B07J65MGMX

Only the pads are missing to jump ;)

Long story short > remove the cover :laughbounce2:

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

Long story short > remove the cover :laughbounce2:

Maybe you're right.  Also don't like how the cover hides the side lights and covers the speaker.  Anything it says is very muffled.  Enough padding in the right places is probably as or more effective at protecting it.