Raining ride by ninebot e+?

eddiejoker

If you open the battery or electronic board compartments, you will see that it does not appear to be very waterproof.

People ride it under the rain without problems, anyway. Even me. I have used it a lot of times under heavy rain. Never had a problem, but It is very scary, because there is not any seals in the outside, but a little one in the electronic board against the inside part (where the tire spins).

I rode in the rain about a month back in Boston. It caught me off guard and I was completely soaked head to toe. I avoided going thru giant puddles at fast speeds (but went thru them nonetheless) and my unit was perfectly fine. The padding absorbed a lot of water so that took a while to dry out. That was about the only negative side effect.

If you do have to ride it in very wet weather, I would recommend leaving it upright for the short term future afterwards to make sure water doesn't stay trapped anywhere it may have snuck in. 

I got raingear, jacket and pants. I am not moving on the bot, so it could be even the heavy raingear that fishermen use, but I got some waterproof biking pants that I put over my regular clothes. Luckily it didnt rain that hard on the way to the office, but it rained once pretty bad on my way home... What I like on the bot very much is that the wheel is covered where the water would spray upwards, so your ass and backpack stay dry, unlike on a mountainbike.

mwRmz4dgVCyav-wKAbNAcdscAKNheTl7zzLFL1aa

Archived