Bought 16S with a bent rim

Eddie A. Steiner

Guys, just received my new 16S and upon inspection found a bent rim (see pic). I purchased from an Ebay source who sold me the "demo model" for $1,000 US. He stated that the unit was "perfect" with only 5 miles on it. I contacted the seller immediately and got a call back to discuss the situation. I got the distinct impression the seller thought I'd damaged the rim and was trying to get another one. I assured him I was an honest buyer and wouldn't pull some crap like this. He told me he had ridden it before shipping and it rode fine. I told him that may be and the rim possibly did not effect the ride but I still could't accept it. He told me he would have to send me a NEW one to replace it as he had no other demo models. I feel bad for the seller but it is what it is. Since he is going to send me a NEW one I'm going to go ahead and eat the shipping cost which would actually be his concern, but like I said I feel bad. I thought I'd share this story with my fellow riders. Cheers.

Eddie

bent rim.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ouch sorry to hear about that... theres no denying thats bent lol.. you sound like a good guy, you could have absolutely gotten ebay/paypal involved and really screwed this guy.. i guess its always a risk to buy from these sites that something like this could happen but most of the time, an honest mistake.. are you talking about a new motor, or a whole new wheel.. is a whole new wheel swallowing the shipping cost ouch

OK, so an update. I went ahead and shipped the bent unit back to him at my expense...$58.00. The seller contacted me and we talked, actually a great guy, he told me he had an KS 18L he would send me instead brand new if I wanted that wheel. Well, figuring that wheel costs about $1800 I said ok. He's shipping it out this  morning after he checks it out totally he said.

So, happy ending after all. I will be going from a NB1 at 12mph to a KS 18L going 30mph.........holy s#@&!!!!!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Eddie A. Steiner said:

OK, so an update. I went ahead and shipped the bent unit back to him at my expense...$58.00. The seller contacted me and we talked, actually a great guy, he told me he had an KS 18L he would send me instead brand new if I wanted that wheel. Well, figuring that wheel costs about $1800 I said ok. He's shipping it out this  morning after he checks it out totally he said.

So, happy ending after all. I will be going from a NB1 at 12mph to a KS 18L going 30mph.........holy s#@&!!!!!

well see theres some karma for you :) sweet deal