Best way to start from a stop?

Mike Dobbs

18 minutes ago, Paul2579 said:

it’s playful because he chooses to exaggerate his motions by using his arms

On a second read, I see I misunderstood you.  You didn't say that he exaggerates his arms.  You said that he exaggerates his motion (e.g., lean angle) using his arms.  I agree. 

• Like 1

Counter balance and steering  is done by Ted Ligety in the video, so when he turns right, he break in hip and have shoulders pointed to left  (in other direction of legs). Tishawn is doing the same. His left turn is more pronounced than right, which is common in snowboarders. In snowboard technique is similar, yet leg placement limit movement on one side. 

Whereas when you body carve (or in most EUC ride without counter balance) you may keep the same angle or even lean more (to body carve) 

Edited by LucasD

7 hours ago, Paul2579 said:

Finally, apologies for hijacking this thread.  I have been interested in this for some time and am clearly suffering from a lack of anyone to chat with about it.  For some reason my family doesn't find this interesting... ;)   I'll stop now.  :) 

No worries man!  I'm really enjoying this high level discussion as well :)