Cheap and cheerful protective gear.

Well after now having my EUC for about 6 weeks and suffered a few falls in the learning process I finally decided to give in and buy some protective gear, to be honest I've put off buying any as I kinda think all the hassle kills the freedom of riding a little.

I know it's silly to ride without protection but until now its been a risk I've been prepared to take, I've been wanting to increase my riding speed a bit and the only way realistically to do that is get myself some armour.

Anyway, to get to the point I stumbled across these in Chav Direct  Sports Direct yesterday only a tenner and hardly pro quality but for the price these seem fine, they are only a kind of moulded slightly flexible plastic but are surprisingly strong and also comfortable when worn. The slight down side is the knee guards have to be pulled on but they do fit under jeans.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/no-fear-skate-protection-3-pack-752040?colcode=75204003

If anyone else out there is looking for some cheap and cheerful protection these have to be worth a look at for £10 :)

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
36 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Well after now having my EUC for about 6 weeks and suffered a few falls in the learning process I finally decided to give in and buy some protective gear, to be honest I've put off buying any as I kinda think all the hassle kills the freedom of riding a little.

I know it's silly to ride without protection but until now its been a risk I've been prepared to take, I've been wanting to increase my riding speed a bit and the only way realistically to do that is get myself some armour.

Anyway, to get to the point I stumbled across these in Chav Direct  Sports Direct yesterday only a tenner and hardly pro quality but for the price these seem fine, they are only a kind of moulded slightly flexible plastic but are surprisingly strong and also comfortable when worn. The slight down side is the knee guards have to be pulled on but they do fit under jeans.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/no-fear-skate-protection-3-pack-752040?colcode=75204003

If anyone else out there is looking for some cheap and cheerful protection these have to be worth a look at for £10 :)

That's great you've bought some protection at last :)

Unfortunately I used to spent silly ££££££ for the gear I wear, and also I'm perv who's wearing women's stuff instead - @stephen can easily confirm my words :)

Would you fancy Lister Park this Thursday? :)

Just now, PogArt Artur said:

That's great you've bought some protection at last :)

Unfortunately I used to spent silly ££££££ for the gear I wear, and also I'm perv who's wearing women's stuff instead - @stephen can easily confirm my words :)

Would you fancy Lister Park this Thursday? :)

Do you mean tomorrow 20th for Lister Park?

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Do you mean tomorrow 20th for Lister Park?

That's right :)

Stephen have asked me recently, I'm off, so we could meet ?