Monster Screw size/pitch

I was wondering if anyone knows what the size and pitch of the screws holding the case and shell together are and if they are the same size or different. I'm looking to replace them with a different head to prevent stripping of the philips. I was thinking hex or square head. 

The Monster took a little spill trying to take a narrow hairpin at low speed while holding food. Just the battery case in the upper corner cracked a tiny bit but I purchased replacements when I bought the wheel to customize (vinyl wrap :crying: for a little protection in satin black) which I'm doing my best to document the process with photos during this fix and add-ons.

TIA

• Upvote 1

No idea on the Monster size and pitch, but you can measure them quite easily with a couple of cheap tools, and help the community by posting the measurements yourself, helping the next person with the same problem.

First off, for pitch, you need a "thread gauge", these things are cheap on hardware stores, looks something like this:

You use that to check the pitch (press the teeth agains the threads, check against light that they "fit", if they do, read the correct pitch from the metal flat), don't know for sure, but I suspect the Chinese use metric threads. For measuring the diameter and size (length), you can use basic calipers:

1920px-Caliper_detail_view.jpeg

The cheap varieties aren't superbly precise, but still fairly easily reach 0.1mm (about 0.004").

If you don't want to/can't buy the tools, another option is to take a sample screw to a hardware store, they probably can do the measurements for you and sell the correct screws.

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1