E+ Gravel in the battery compartment

null

If you ever ride on anything else than asphalt you can get gravel into the battery compartment.

This little bastard have been there a couple of weeks max and had already started eating up the battery pack.

Not cool Ninebot.

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

not only that, but theres also a design flaw where the internal support on sidecover will over time cut into the blue plastic over battery.
a local friend had his battery short the pcb after a wash due to that.  very old wheel now and betters to be bought. 

Yes the gravel probably came through the cable clip offset which opens straight at the wheel with the water and gravel flying around. The rest of the design doesn't let much more communication to the wheel well, freaking stupid to open it just for a cable clip.

The cover edges are indeed an issue as well (TF where they thinking) I reduced them both top and bottom and put a slim rigid platform to spread the contact zone at the lower end. I used the double side tape to hold the battery to the cover side, as else we could hear it falling around when tilting the wheel.

I have a S2 and a 16S which are both better wheels, but this E+ has only 1500km on it and it stays at my moms place for holidays. Will have to store it outside the house it it can't be safe though.

Edit: Fairly easy to close off the back of the clip with a piece of tape: push cables aside, then you can add a piece of tape. Better than nothing, reduces infiltration.. I'd suggest adding one at the top cutout of the cover as well.

Edited by Mimolette