Mud in the wheel well on my tesla

Nimbus2000

So i took my tesla through some mud and it handled like a champ but i got alot of mud in my wheel well. It was rubbing against the wheel and causing a potential fire hazard so i took a screw driver and knocked out all the big chuncks then i slapped the sh*** out of the sides to get the smaller bits and chuncks that i couldnt get with the screw driver but theres still dust and dirt on the inside. Anyone have usefull tip on how to really clean the wheel well without taking anything apart?

Edited by Nimbus2000

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Take a few pieces of kitchen paper, fold them up, wrap them around your tire, and then rotate the tire to scrub the inside. Works very well for me, you can get surprising amounts of dried mud out this way.

Thanks! Will deffinatly do this next! I hit the outside hub rim and a little bit of the inside frame with a spray bottle. Ill let that dry for a day and then try that out! From what i understand the board fans ventilate from the wheel well so the more debris i can remove the better!

I always clean with the wheel vertical so the dirt can fall out instead of going somewhere else. Just put the paper in and roll the wheel back and forth to rub the entire well.

Be careful not to switch the wheel on while the tire is blocked by the paper. And to not damage the fan if they are in there (my ACM doesn't have that).

Ill keep that in mind. You cant access the fan from that part of the shell fortunately. Im starting to think the best ventilation test would be to spray compressed air thru the ventfan to simulate the fan running and see if the air travels thru to the wheel well, being that the fan only kicks on during aggresive riding or long trips.