Tale of the Tilt...

LZMutant

Hi - hope you're all having a nice weekend!

Today I think I experienced the tilt-back for the 2nd time.  The first time I wasn't really sure what was going on, but today I ran the app and checked to see if I was going fast...  (screen grab below).

My question is, at what speed do you experience tilt back?  I think 24.1 MPH (see Max Speed) was probably enough to trigger mine... 

I looked in the settings and there doesn't seem to be a place to enter a tilt back speed.  That said, I'm really not interested in going faster - I was just pushing it today.

Thanks!

IMG_9659.PNG

In my understanding 25mph is the maximum speed of the V10F, although there is some variation depending on the firmware and app versions, and the selected riding mode.

Tilt-back is what stops you from going past the max speed, so it can’t be set higher.

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

In my understanding 25mph is the maximum speed of the V10F, although there is some variation depending on the firmware and app versions, and the selected riding mode.

Tilt-back is what stops you from going past the max speed, so it can’t be set higher.

Thanks for responding...

I'm sure my weight, battery level and terrain have to do with it too.  I was just surprised when it happened; though again it wasn't too abrupt or anything like that.  It was smooth and felt very controlled.

I really pushed it today and nearly hit 25.  Got the warning beeps too after the tilt back, which was a first.  Very cool to know the limits of the wheel and experience them first hand without, you know, face planting... ;)

While it's nice to push the wheel, I don't need to go that fast.  Factoring in the traffic lights I average about 15 to 20mph on flat ground with nobody around to wander in front of me.  On the V10F that's a very nice, comfortable zone.  Knowing where that extra speed is and how to apply it was a great lesson for me.

IMG_9908.thumb.PNG.70aa05c19b7d2a0efc50129da81e7d3e.PNG