Pushing the limits - first journey to the local park.

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Hi, I were thinking hard, to make myself brave enough, to go to the local park,but not by a car,and then start practicing, but on my own, all way through there and back.

Good news- I'm in one piece ! :)

(@stephen ... here we go, open area :) lol :) )

I've recorded some silly video by my mobile phone camera, sorry for the quality, but I couldn't do any better to show you the park (not me, I've got nothing to show off).

I've found out today,that the pedestrian ways are much worst than the yesterday's off road experience!

Honesty :)

YouTube video https://youtu.be/y-AQgqAEQ_Y

Screenshot_20190410-175010_Endomondo.jpg

Guest PogArt Artur
Just now, Olav said:

Looks like you're getting the hang of it :thumbup:

Now its just to ride and ride and ride some more, and you'll be getting another wheel soon enough ;)

Cheers...

I've just learnt getting on a week earlier, still polishing it, lol :)

I started practicing U turns and figure 8...

Lots to learn yet, including smooth rolling...

Thanks.

Proud of you man, good on you for sharing a video of this progress. I can see the joy starting to spread in ya as everything begins clicking and making sense.

I can't imagine learning on the Ninebot One....I started on my V5F then got a Ninebot One out of curiosity. Don't be discouraged if tight turns and fig-8s are hard.....they still are for me on that particular wheel. On the V5F they are VERY easy almost no effort or thought required (can turn on a dime), but on the Ninebot One I find that I constantly scrape a pedal or almost fall off. The big 16 inch wheel is not quite as agile or responsive, but it sure is smooth. I wish there were places where you could try out many different EUCs, it's surprising how incredibly different all of them ride and control.

Out of curiosity what ride setting are you on?

Guest PogArt Artur
10 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

Proud of you man, good on you for sharing a video of this progress. I can see the joy starting to spread in ya as everything begins clicking and make sense.

I can't imagine learning on the Ninebot One....I started on my V5F then got a Ninebot One out of curiosity. Don't be discouraged if tight turns and fig-8s are hard.....they still are for me on that particular wheel. On the V5F they are VERY easy almost no effort or thought required (can turn on a dime), but on the Ninebot One I find that I constantly scrape a pedal or almost fall off. The big 16 inch wheel is not quite as agile or responsive, but it sure is smooth. I wish there were places where you could try out many different EUCs, it's surprising how incredibly different all of them ride and control.

Out of curiosity what ride setting are you on?

Thanks for keen comment :)

Thanks to you I realised,that me struggling with turns it might be down to the heel's characteristic not necessarily the lack of my skills...

That's interesting, I never thought this way.

I thought it's always me :)

I was between - the V5F or E+ :)

I paid moore for E+ just because I wasn't too keen to have a 14" wheel...

I knew it's pretty expensive, so I tried to make a wise choice, and start with the wheel that might last longer, if I get more skilled, if you know I mean...

I'm willing to upgrade it for the more advanced wheel, I mean more range, more speed if I need to, to get me to the other city and back.., kind of :)

Setting...

Well, I tried to chat about the settings, I were watching other reviews to figure out what setting to put on...

I've started at 0 at the very beginning, then Ian (speedyfeet) has advised 3.

I tried switching between those, but I'm not experienced yet, and I just can't notice at the moment any difference ...

So I'm keeping it at setting 3 all the time.

I'm aware that 0 is for sensitive response, and 10 is for more delayed response, if I can call it this way.

I like the wheel be responsive, so I think that Ian's advice might suit my preferences, 3 being not as much sensitive for beginner, but not too much irresponsible as well :)

I'm keep thinking of getting back to 0 setting though :)

I like the wheel to act straight away if I request it  :)

Thank you.  

32 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Thanks for keen comment :)

Thanks to you I realised,that me struggling with turns it might be down to the heel's characteristic not necessarily the lack of my skills...

That's interesting, I never thought this way.

I thought it's always me :)

I was between - the V5F or E+ :)

I paid moore for E+ just because I wasn't too keen to have a 14" wheel...

I knew it's pretty expensive, so I tried to make a wise choice, and start with the wheel that might last longer, if I get more skilled, if you know I mean...

I'm willing to upgrade it for the more advanced wheel, I mean more range, more speed if I need to, to get me to the other city and back.., kind of :)

Setting...

Well, I tried to chat about the settings, I were watching other reviews to figure out what setting to put on...

I've started at 0 at the very beginning, then Ian (speedyfeet) has advised 3.

I tried switching between those, but I'm not experienced yet, and I just can't notice at the moment any difference ...

So I'm keeping it at setting 3 all the time.

I'm aware that 0 is for sensitive response, and 10 is for more delayed response, if I can call it this way.

I like the wheel be responsive, so I think that Ian's advice might suit my preferences, 3 being not as much sensitive for beginner, but not too much irresponsible as well :)

I'm keep thinking of getting back to 0 setting though :)

I like the wheel to act straight away if I request it  :)

Thank you.  

Yea most NB1e+ owners will tell ya 1 is optimal ride setting. It allows a little bit of give (or delay) before it starts accelerating or decelerating. In my opinion 3 is way too high I can't ride on that setting at all, it's too spongy and seems sluggish. 0 setting I have heard causes spazzing issues where the wheel shakes.

My personal evaluation is this -

The NB1e+ is much smoother and more comfortable on long rides
The NB1e+ app is superior to almost any other app out there

BUT.....

The V5F I prefer in almost every other aspect.
- The trolley handle is so useful and invaluable if I'm stopping to get food or go into a store (keep it on rest it against counter and roll it around)

- The headlight is crucial, as are the back visible brake lights

- GRIPTAPE pedals....oh man this is so important. Feet will never slide or slip no matter how wet or slick it is...and when dismounting the wheel and your foot will stay where you want it to.

- The agility and responsiveness are crucial for using it alongside pedestrians and cars safely / confidently.

- It's over 5 pounds lighter, it actually feels weightless between your legs

- the cut off hand switch and the power button are awesome. I can turn it on while holding it flip the pedals out, set it down and take off. Same for stairs or big curbs pick it up set it down, and ride immediately. It's also nice having a handle to grab if it gets away from you.

I've crashed 2 times on the NB1e+ because you can easily over-lean and acccelerate so fast it cuts off and dumps you. On the other hand I find it almost impossible to fall off the V5F, I've tried real hard but it keeps up with everything even when climbing steep hills.

But again to each their own, the NB1 is a very nice wheel, definitely a good starter wheel. But it's a very old wheel with what is now considered ancient programming and sensors.

I have no doubt you are gonna get hooked and eventually upgrade, you definitely will see a MASSIVE difference when getting a modern wheel.

Guest PogArt Artur

Wow, such plenty of juicy information!

Cheers.

I'm appreciate the settings info - I might been struggling with some "moves" just be because of improper value setting...

I'll set the value for 1 today, and will try to focus if I can notice differences.

Thank you.

I have no experience on any other wheel, so depends how it goes, I may experience it in future. It would be very handy to be able try fewer wheels to make a choice :)

I wasn't aware of cutting off on E+ too...

Thanks for sharing the information.

Archived