InMotion V5F/Glide 2 crack in handle

mikemarz88

Hello!

I bought my InMotion V5F used off eBay about a month ago as my first wheel.

Since I started learning, I've only fallen hard off it a couple times, but have had to jump off a lot, sending it skidding and bouncing across the street, so it's definitely seen some abuse.

I noticed these cracks in the handle about a week ago, and the casing seems a tiny bit looser on that side of the wheel; I've still been riding it, albeit more carefully.

I could buy a new casing from ewheels or the inmotion website, but I don't think the part that cracked is part of the shell.

Is this wheel still safe to ride? Or should I use this as an excuse to buy a better wheel?

If can give me a good deal on a 16" wheel I'd love to hear about it...

Thanks!

Mike

IMG_20190402_190036.jpg

thats not a factory screw.. they are phillips.. and no it will have no affect whatsoever on riding, you could take a sledge hammer and smash the handle and it wouldnt affect riding lol.. that part of the shell is the inner shell and to replace it you would literally have to take the entire thing apart an strip it, board, battery, all electronics, motor would all have to come out and be put back together.. ewheels only sells the outer shell, so the part that starts at the pads and is a big circle, basically the part that pops off to give you access to the battery and board, which none of that damage is part of.. slap some duct tape on it and use it as a beater wheel lol

Archived