16 kilometres on a charge.

Chrisxr2

So i have just measured the distance i travelled on my last full charge, and it comes to 16.03 kilometres, which to be fair is not bad, a lot of my route consists of what i consider some quite big hills, so potentially on the flat i can maybe see 20 km as per the publicity material, however i am still not completely sold on how the good the battery regeneration is as there are probably as many downhills as ups on my route, also wondering if anybody knows what impact being stationary has on overall battery life, as spent probably twenty minutes plus waiting at crossings etc till i felt it was safe to go over the whole battery charge.

If there are as many downs as ups (ie. you end up at the same altitude), then at the very best you can expect to have used just slightly more energy than pursuing a completely flat route.  Being stationary uses almost nothing unless you are idling (I think), as does using a trolley attachment.

Even standing on the wheel while holding onto a pole uses battery, since it's still having to apply some force to keep you upright. That's especially true if the sidewalk is sloping down, for example in a curb cut. It's probably less battery to dismount and hold it with one leg on the pedal, but I don't tend to do that.

Even standing on the wheel while holding onto a pole uses battery, since it's still having to apply some force to keep you upright. That's especially true if the sidewalk is sloping down, for example in a curb cut. It's probably less battery to dismount and hold it with one leg on the pedal, but I don't tend to do that.

Yeah, by stationary I just meant powered on and leaning against something (or maybe just stood still with one foot on it, which is how I usually am at junctions) - holding onto a pole would use a little more more due to the balancing.  I don't think it's much, though.

I am going to measure  the gradient of my route, there is basically no flat where I live. It's not steep hills but I think you will use more energy going up a slight hill than you would generate going down the same slight slope if that makes sense. I am talking about half a impeccably slight incline and Decline on the way back. Unfortunately the facility on Google maps  that shows elevation is rubbish as it shows the role as mainly flat which is not true.

Archived