Why your Rockwheel main board might fail

• 4 weeks later...

@Inductores: Out of curiosity, how did you remove the solder mask? Just by scraping or is there some chemical for this? I've removed the conformal coating from a Firewheel-board before by soaking it in IPA (which seemed to make the coating soft) and then scrubbing it off with a toothbrush that had its bristles cut short, but that won't do anything to solder mask.

18 hours ago, esaj said:

@Inductores: Out of curiosity, how did you remove the solder mask? Just by scraping or is there some chemical for this? I've removed the conformal coating from a Firewheel-board before by soaking it in IPA (which seemed to make the coating soft) and then scrubbing it off with a toothbrush that had its bristles cut short, but that won't do anything to solder mask.

I removed some coating I applied before and some flux residues using IPA, and the solder mask was removed using water sandpaper (it removes the solder mask but barely the copper traces, only the surface)

Edited by Inductores
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...