msuper x tire not centered

2 hours ago, jackychan said:

I got this wheel about a month ago and it has worked great until yesterday when I realized the left side of the tire was rubbing against the outer plastic shell of the wheel. Anyone have this problem or have a suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks 

57309268893__E728CE92-DB03-42ED-A873-949DA63B63B9.MOV

It can be common for a wheel not to be exactly centered within the shell opening and that's not an issue.

But yours is so bad I would consider that a defect. It is a Gotway and they aren't known for exceptional quality control :facepalm:

The "hack" fix would be to cut away (Dremel, etc) the parts of the shell that are touching the tire, assuming only the outside parts of the shell are touching.

Otherwise it would take a complete teardown of the wheel. Gotway uses spacers (different sized spacers for each side of the wheel) to position the motor within the shell. Either the spacers are wrong or (maybe 'and' too) the axle position within the motor was poorly executed.

If you bought it from a dealer, that would be my first plan of action (talk to the dealer). If you bought it direct from China, you've got some work ahead of you :crying:

Is it possible the tire isn't centered properly on the rim also?  It may be worth it to let most of the air out of the tire and then try to 'massage' the tire in a more appropriate position, then reinflate.

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It can be common for a wheel not to be exactly centered within the shell opening and that's not an issue.

But yours is so bad I would consider that a defect. It is a Gotway and they aren't known for exceptional quality control :facepalm:

The "hack" fix would be to cut away (Dremel, etc) the parts of the shell that are touching the tire, assuming only the outside parts of the shell are touching.

Otherwise it would take a complete teardown of the wheel. Gotway uses spacers (different sized spacers for each side of the wheel) to position the motor within the shell. Either the spacers are wrong or (maybe 'and' too) the axle position within the motor was poorly executed.

If you bought it from a dealer, that would be my first plan of action (talk to the dealer). If you bought it direct from China, you've got some work ahead of you :crying:

When I place all of my weight on my right foot( when I ride with one foot) the wheel seems to correct into the middle rather than rubbing on the left side. This shows it is possible to shift it over I think, but do you have any other suggestions knowing that it can shift over? Thanks

Archived