A matter of the app...

LZMutant

Hi friends...

I am running the InMotion iPhone app with my V10F.  I pair my phone with the wheel, stick my phone in my pocket and take off.

This week as I’ve been riding the display has somehow flipped from the stats screen to the “camera” mode.  When I arrive at my destination and go to check the stats i find camera is on and I can’t figure out how to get out of that mode and back to telemetry...

I’ve poked, swiped, held and pressed everything on and around the screen and nothing seems to work. However, after a couple of minutes of fumbling around the display will revert to the dashboard.

So, how do I get from camera back to the home screen?

Thanks!

Larry

I don't know either.  Fortunately, at least in Android, the InMotion app burns battery power so fast that its other deficiencies are of a distant, second order.  I wouldn't pair it and put it in my pocket unless I was wearing asbestos.  "Look Mommy, why is that person in flames on the unicycle?"  "He does it for visibility, dear."  In the end, the only number I track is the odometer, which I can retrieve while the wheel is charging.

14 hours ago, Biped Phil said:

I don't know either.  Fortunately, at least in Android, the InMotion app burns battery power so fast that its other deficiencies are of a distant, second order.  I wouldn't pair it and put it in my pocket unless I was wearing asbestos.  "Look Mommy, why is that person in flames on the unicycle?"  "He does it for visibility, dear."  In the end, the only number I track is the odometer, which I can retrieve while the wheel is charging.

Well I *may* have answered my own question... 

I was struggling with this issue again today and noticed the display went back to statistics when I held the phone flat, screen to the sky (like a pizza slice).  It may be that the camera and screen are tied to the accelerometer and shifts when the phone moves. I’ll have to confirm that next ride. 

Maybe there’s a setting that disables the function too...I’ll check into that as well...

Thanks for responding!

19 hours ago, Sidewalk Enforcer said:

Sounds like you've got it sussed already but Speedy Feet had a nice overview of the app functions if you've not seen it yet:

I'll check it out when I get back from work - thanks for posting! :)

Archived