KS 16S will not connect to King Song Music App

fryman

Hi, new here.  I have the same issue with my Kingsong 16S.  When you turn the wheel on, the "Bluetooth connected" voice doesn't come on anymore.  The horn button works, but it won't play music.  I don't really play music while riding, but I might be selling the wheel soon to upgrade, and I want everything working properly. 

So far, I've tried Jason's suggestion, and BT speakers is on, I've also rebooted the phone, I've re-installed the Kingsong app, long press the smaller button on the wheel, nothing so far seems to work.  Ive restarted bluetooth on my phone multiple times (Samsung Note 9), and when I select KingSongMusic, it says "Couldn't connect". 

16 hours ago, 67SS said:

Hi, new here.  I have the same issue with my Kingsong 16S.  When you turn the wheel on, the "Bluetooth connected" voice doesn't come on anymore.  The horn button works, but it won't play music.  I don't really play music while riding, but I might be selling the wheel soon to upgrade, and I want everything working properly. 

So far, I've tried Jason's suggestion, and BT speakers is on, I've also rebooted the phone, I've re-installed the Kingsong app, long press the smaller button on the wheel, nothing so far seems to work.  Ive restarted bluetooth on my phone multiple times (Samsung Note 9), and when I select KingSongMusic, it says "Couldn't connect". 

I have the exact same issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Needless to say, I have already checked that Bluetooth Music Switch is on, tried turning it on and off several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, have switched the device on and off and tried just bluetooth and the wheel on. Nothing I try makes the Kingsong Music icon appear in the list of bluetooth devices; its as if it no longer has the bluetooth music function

• 5 weeks later...

I even tried it with a friends cell and it did not appear, clearly indicating the bluetooth transmitter was not transmitting. Several days later, just before taking it back to the shop, I tried it again and it had re-appeared. It would seem that the bluetooth transmitter, or software for the transmitter, in these devices is weak. Further evidenced by it cutting out while riding and doing so more when the phone is in an upper pocket as opposed to a lower pocket. I don't have a solution, except to wait and see if it reappears. Or, if you have warranty, replace the bluetooth transmitter, which likely is difficult as it is probably integrated into the main board. Hopefullly it is the software and Kingsong should produce a fix. I have contacted them.